New Hitman Comes in Pieces

I liked the game but the framerate was 5 fps one day then 60 the next. I looked for discussions about how to remedy it but figured for $60 I shouldn't have to be tinkering. I initiated the return on steam after 4 hrs gameplay. Never even beat the main level.

Cut my game into pieces
This is a butchered port

I must admit, for someone who really likes these games the new Hitman is really tough. I dont put in the hours like I used to but there's so many moving parts to the Paris level and things you need that its tough to pick up again after a short time off. I just realized i chipped away at several approaches but didnt complete too many.

So far I feel like bigger isn't better. The last hitman game was so good. The chinese market level was so fun to figure out all the ways to assassinate, but I just cant pull it all together for this Paris level. I'm going to find some walkthroughs over the weekend so I can finish a few ways correctly.

Italy map is out now and it looks even more involving with 7 layers to the map instead of 4 for Paris. This one feels like it'll be a fun map but I need a good session really get a feel for it.

I see what you are saying with bigger isn't necessarily better. I never played Absolution, I played Hitman 2, Contracts and Blood Money - mostly contracts and Blood Money. I really liked how Blood Money the levels felt big enough with enough to discover and it felt a little more organic with the different ways to kill targets. In this game I keep finding myself wondering what room I need to go in or if I'm on the right track to get the challenge completed - I don't want the game to forcefeed me where I'm supposed to go though - it just doesn't feel organic, you can just run back and forth until you finally find the thing you need to activate the scene/challenge in question. However, thinking about it now, I'm not sure the game listing all the different challenges that are in the game is a good idea - it helps counter the feeling of being overwhelmed maybe but at the expense of the community/players figuring it out for themselves.

That being said I do like this game. The levels are gorgeous, i'm liking the small details that they've kept from the games - I enjoyed hearing one of the NPCs referecening Beldingford Manor, I really like how when you push someone into any body of water they instantly die like in Blood Money. I'm ok with the wonky AI bc it really does feel a lot like Blood Money's AI - the Hitman games have never been about having realistic AI. I like the 5 stage escalation challenges you can do although I wish they were 3 stages instead of 5. There seems to always be 2 out of the 5 stages are redundant with modifiers that don't affect your play. I'm looking forward to the elusive contracts.

I'm also liking the story cutscenes and the writing is actually really sharp.

Haven't played this yet, but am now finding out it really comes in episodic format. How long is each installment timewise?

So instead of crashing at the start of the Paris level it now crashes every 15 minutes or so, but those 15 minutes are amazing. Really digging this game.

I'm not touching this game until it's fully complete.

I am not paying £54.99 to play a game once a month.

Every game in this series has been a step down from the previous one.

The first 2 are the best I never bothered much with the later ones.

Every game in this series has been a step down from the previous one.

The first 2 are the best I never bothered much with the later ones.

uh what? the first was garbage. The second was playable. Contracts was good. Blood Money was better. The games got better and better. I never played Absolution so can't comment on that one.

uh what? the first was garbage. The second was playable. Contracts was good. Blood Money was better. The games got better and better. I never played Absolution so can't comment on that one.
I don't know if I agree with the first one being garbage, but yeah, they've generally gotten better over time, with Blood Money being better than the others by far. Absolution was a decent game, but it wasn't a very good hitman game. Didn't feel right, the disguise rules were a huge step back and the levels weren't anywhere near as good as blood money's.
This new one might end up being better than blood money though. So far I fucking love it.

I'm not sure how I feel about the challenge and opportunities stuff, but luckily it's easy enough to turn off. Levels are great, lots of stuff going on. My first play through of Sapienza took me about 5 and a half hours just running around everywhere.

I don't know if I agree with the first one being garbage, but yeah, they've generally gotten better over time, with Blood Money being better than the others by far. Absolution was a decent game, but it wasn't a very good hitman game. Didn't feel right, the disguise rules were a huge step back and the levels weren't anywhere near as good as blood money's.
This new one might end up being better than blood money though. So far I fucking love it.

I'm not sure how I feel about the challenge and opportunities stuff, but luckily it's easy enough to turn off. Levels are great, lots of stuff going on. My first play through of Sapienza took me about 5 and a half hours just running around everywhere.

Yeah to be fair I never played the first one but i saw some gameplay and it looked like a glitchy mess and I know it didn't get great reviews

Yeah sapienza is epic - I do wish tho that they made the game more like blood money as far as they give you the newspaper that says 'silent assassin' or 'professional' or just making it more clear what your stats were.

The load times on ps4 were my biggest problem with the game but it does seem to load a little faster recently

Who wants to play a piece of a game, wait a month and play the next piece? It's not a tv show, that shit is stupid. Whatever, I'll just wait until the whole game is out.
Hell, for that matter, who wants to watch a TV show, wait a week, then watch the next episode? Netflix and Amazon and shitting on that model right now, and kudos to them. There's only a few TV shows where they're so huge, socially speaking, that I like the week-by-week format. There's still a few that have water cooler power. Game of Thrones and Walking Dead are two examples.

Okay so maybe I'm just really slow but I understand much more of how to play this game. Finding and completing the intel is key as opposed to trying to do things my way, I cant believe I overlooked that I just kept trying to figure things out myself...

The Italy level is much easier than Paris so far but still very complicated. Great level, should have been the opening scene imo.

As I predicted when everyone was bitching about this game coming out in pieces, this game is awesome! So many different paths to take, people to follow, things to see, etc. It took me a few hours to get my first Silent Assassin style kill on the Paris map, and there are still SO MANY more paths to explore. The maps are enormous so there's lots of time to invest to really get a good feeling for the levels.