New Hitman Comes in Pieces

Seeing good reviews so will give this a chance. Hitman has always been a good series

I just replayed absolution last month and after finishing it looked up "hitman". I didn't even know that they were about to release this one. Anyways I ordered it yesterday without realizing it was an installment game.

If I beat the first installment in a few hours I'll initiate a return with Steam. They gave me a credit on a game once before.

GameInformer took a shit on the first "installment" which is really just a demo for an unfinished game. Not paying $60 for this tomfoolery, especially with so many quality games on the horizon.

GameInformer took a shit on the first "installment" which is really just a demo for an unfinished game. Not paying $60 for this tomfoolery, especially with so many quality games on the horizon.
Good thing it's $15 then.

Jesus christ you people bitch a lot.
They were always going to be releasing the game in chunks, where were you at the time of the announcement?

You're not seriously defending this fuckery just because they "always" intended to try to nickel-and-dime their fanbase?

Being forewarned about rape doesn't make it any less unpleasant or deplorable.

You're not seriously defending this fuckery just because they "always" intended to try to nickel-and-dime their fanbase?

Nah, I just don't get why people got their panties all in a twist over the last change, when I see it as an improvement over the initial launch plans in every way.
It'd be better if they held it until it was actually finished, but that's whatever, they never intended to do that.
As for nickel and diming, they've already said there will be no micro transactions and you still get all the intended content for 60, they just don't make you pony up the $60 for a bit under half of the game anymore. I think that's a better thing then what they were planning on doing, but maybe that's just my retard showing. who knows.

Nah, I just don't get why people got their panties all in a twist over the last change, when I see it as an improvement over the initial launch plans in every way.
It'd be better if they held it until it was actually finished, but that's whatever, they never intended to do that.
As for nickel and diming, they've already said there will be no micro transactions and you still get all the intended content for 60, they just don't make you pony up the $60 for a bit under half of the game anymore. I think that's a better thing then what they were planning on doing, but maybe that's just my retard showing. who knows.

Yeah, but that $60 bucks assumes you're paying up front for all 7 -- I think it's 7 episodes? -- which are quite likely going to take a year to come out in their entirety. I'm not fucking doing presale bullshit (which is what this is, realistically) ever again with all the recent debacles. And if you pay by the individual episode, they're dinging you for more than $60.

Performance seems to have been improved since the beta. Nice.

Hitman is probably my favorite game series of all time but this is the fucking dumbest shit ever & fuck the creators.

Yes I still bought what's available today...lol.

You can still buy the entire game for $60, knock it off with this bullshit.

Who wants to pay 60 bucks and then wait months for content? Sell me the whole fucking game at once you cockwits. I'm not paying 60 bucks to play for 3 hours every 2-3 months. AND the intro pack is just the shit from the beta so you're really not getting a fucking thing with this new episode. One new mission at best. Gaming is dying a slow death thanks to developer greed.

Crashed for me when I had it set to dx12 for some reason, on dx11 it's been running pretty well.

I'm still on 8.1 so I can't play on anything but dx11. I hope they release a patch soon.

You guys and your bitching... I played the Paris level for like 3 hours last night, took me 90 mins of playing time to beat it and 90 mins of fking around. There's still a ton of stuff to do and where maybe many of you would move on to the next level, your not done. The developers put a lot of time and creativity into each level that they're almost forcing you to try harder and figure out their riddles for completing the mission.

For all I did last night I know there's a male model I can replace outfits with and even walk the runway, I never even saw the guy. I found a magician costume, no idea what to do with it... I read through all the various way of killing the targets and im not even sure how to approach it.

Theres only like 6-7 levels and I exepect a huge replay value on this game as I play it throughout the year and try to solve each approach as opposed to "beating the game" in 2 days and leaving 75% of the missions untouched.

You guys and your bitching... I played the Paris level for like 3 hours last night, took me 90 mins of playing time to beat it and 90 mins of fking around. There's still a ton of stuff to do and where maybe many of you would move on to the next level, your not done. The developers put a lot of time and creativity into each level that they're almost forcing you to try harder and figure out their riddles for completing the mission.

For all I did last night I know there's a male model I can replace outfits with and even walk the runway, I never even saw the guy. I found a magician costume, no idea what to do with it... I read through all the various way of killing the targets and im not even sure how to approach it.

Theres only like 6-7 levels and I exepect a huge replay value on this game as I play it throughout the year and try to solve each approach as opposed to "beating the game" in 2 days and leaving 75% of the missions untouched.

You expect huge replay value because the entire game isn't there so you spend extra time dicking around with what you have?
Thats a interesting way of looking at it I guess but you could easily do it with a conventional release by just taking your time.

You expect huge replay value because the entire game isn't there so you spend extra time dicking around with what you have?

Thats a interesting way of looking at it I guess but you could easily do it with a conventional release by just taking your time.

What dicking around. There's like 24 different ways to kill the targets. Poison, drowding, explosives, chandelier on the head, push one over a railing onto the other killing them both... complete missions never being seen, only wearing a suit, never changing outfits etc etc... thats all dicking around I guess. Or you go in guns blazing and kill everyone in 10 minutes, its up to you.

I haven't played the new Hitmans, but I remember for the original game I would play one level over and over and over. That was part of the fun.

I haven't played the new Hitmans, but I remember for the original game I would play one level over and over and over. That was part of the fun.

Exactly, its more of the same only bigger levels and some of it can be quite complicated.