New Hitman Comes in Pieces

TheRatman

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
With the Beta starting this week, I looked up the info on the game and notice the game is gonna come in pieces. 2 maps in March, 1 in Apr, then 1 in May and 3 more later,but they wont be releasing it on disc them as set until the end of 2016.

How will this work?
HITMAN will still launch on March 11th and that initial launch will include the Prologue and the Paris location.

The big change is that the next location, set in Italy, will now release in April and then Morocco will release in May. From there we will keep monthly content updates coming, including the three additional locations we have already announced; Thailand, the US and Japan until the season concludes in Japan later in 2016. The weekly live events and additional planned content will give you plenty to do in the time between location releases.

The new Intro Pack, which includes Prologue and Paris will be priced at $15. Each subsequent location can be purchased for $10 as an add-on item after you buy the new Intro Pack. If you buy the Intro Pack and want to get into everything the Full Experience offers, you can also choose to buy the Upgrade Pack for $50. This will give you access to all of the content released after March 11th and guarantees you won’t miss any live or bonus content.

Of course you can still buy the Full Experience which is the complete first season, so all the content this year as it’s released, up front for $60 as always promised. Whether you purchase the complete game or buy each episode individually, we want to remind the community that there will be no micro transactions in HITMAN.

https://hitman.com/news/hitman-new-year-update

This is gonna be a strange ride. Its almost like a MMO RPG type thing. But dam I can't wait. I am restarting Blood Money tonight.

Last edited:
Fuck this episodic bullshit cashgrab fuckery. Sell me the entire goddamn game or fuck off with it. Same thing is happening with FFVII. The dev greed is real.

This is Square Enix's M.O. going forward.

Won't be long until they're hated as much as Konami.

They went full retard om this one.
I highly doubt the prologue and the paris mission will provide many hours of gaming. They will probably put in achievements and expect that will make they game replayable but i could care less.
Hitman has always been storydriven and i feel they should have just pushed the date way later so we could get all these parts in one to have the full story and gameplay experience.

Who wants to play a piece of a game, wait a month and play the next piece? It's not a tv show, that shit is stupid. Whatever, I'll just wait until the whole game is out.

....sigh...
And here I was happy that hitman had escaped ubisoft

What a crock of shit. I'll be waiting for the full release.

iByfbm.jpg

Fuck this episodic bullshit cashgrab fuckery. Sell me the entire goddamn game or fuck off with it. Same thing is happening with FFVII. The dev greed is real.
Dunno. It might end up sucking ass, but it was always intended to launch with only parts of the contents, that was detailed during the initial announcement.
Only real change is that they removed one of the maps from the initial release and they now offer a cheaper start package instead of you having to pay full price and wait for the rest of the content you've already paid for. And at least in my region the price of the initial release and all the coming content packs is exactly the same as the old price.

Shame they're doing this ridiculous piece by piece release nonsense, the game looks amazing.

Will wait for the full disc version, any info on if Xbox is getting a beta? I just saw PS4 and PC.

Who wants to play a piece of a game, wait a month and play the next piece? It's not a tv show, that shit is stupid. Whatever, I'll just wait until the whole game is out.
I blame fucking Telltale for this bullshit

This will definitely be the free game in the bogo deal

Guess they took a page from Resident Evil Revelations 2

Blood Money had like 13 different locations. Fucking retards lol whatever I will just wait to buy it when it's bundled all together for $5 or like Absolution I won't buy at all. fools

I been playing Blood Money this week and man I love that game. The suit changes and the 10 different ways to get the missions make it such a classic game. XBOX 360 has it for 5$ right now.

They're gonna sell us 10 episodes at 10 bucks a piece or some bullshit. It'll end up being over 60 bucks for the complete game because devs are greedy as fuck. They already want more than 60 for games and as a consumer I think thats bullshit. They're already withholding content and releasing it a month later as DLC or even day one DLC if they wanna look like real pricks. Most games aren't worth 60 at release as is, and to know they're missing content is a slap in the face.

Just remember, folks. Companies get away with shit like this because the consumers buy into it. Keep that in mind when you go to buy the first episode and the following episodes thereafter.

You can only blame the companies up to a point for doing stuff like this. At some point, you've got to put blame on the consumer as well

If you don't buy it, they stop doing stuff like this. The way you spend or not spend your money is a poweful decider of how things work.

Just remember, folks. Companies get away with shit like this because the consumers buy into it. Keep that in mind when you go to buy the first episode and the following episodes thereafter.

You can only blame the companies up to a point for doing stuff like this. At some point, you've got to put blame on the consumer as well

If you don't buy it, they stop doing stuff like this. The way you spend or not spend your money is a poweful decider of how things work.

What kills me is that we saw this shit coming years ago. Also, what kills me is that we're fine with paying $30 or so for three chunks of extra content, just as long as we've already paid $60 for the "full" game. Now we're crying foul because they want to sell the game in increments right off the bat.

Think of how much money people spent on a game like Borderlands 2, if they bought all the DLC as soon as it was available. Nobody bitched. In fact, praises were thrown at Gearbox for "caring about the community" and keeping the game going with extra content.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but we've certainly done absolutely nothing to make them think it's a bad idea. Gamers are all talk, and developers know it.