New Heavyweight On The UFC Roster: Timothy Johnson (8-1)

melvinj0

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Timothy_Johnson_Tapology.jpg

Decent record, all wins via finish. Last win was over Travis Wiuff which is a good win.

Not in the best shape though by the looks of pictures, reminds me of a taller Shawn Jordan.

Could possibly be another guy that goes 0-2 and is gone. You never know though, could have some potential.

Only two fights I could find of his

[YT]5YJUbxEf5BE[/YT]

[YT]YqjB--0x7sc[/YT]

Yeah, I don't have much hope for him. He's cleaned out his local circuit though so fair enough, let's see what he can do. I can see him going 0-2 and being released, also.

I'm not buying it OP, he's not a toned, lean black super-athlete

Him and Lesnar..... Better stay Far away from Brendan Schaub.

[YT]2a4gyJsY0mc[/YT]

Why can't the UFC sign heavyweights like Brandon Griffin or Brett McDermott?

McDermott used to play rugby for Ireland at some level and is 8-2 in his MMA career.

Griffin is 4-0 as a Pro and 3-1 at Amateur level but has beaten the likes of Tyler East and Josh Copeland - the 7 fights he has won at both Pro and Amateur have all finished under a minute apart from one that last 1 minute and 19 seconds.

:icon_lol: throwing this in here as well; Sergei Kharitonov - he has been doing okay since getting submitted by Josh Barnett. He's 6-1 since 2010 and in that run has beaten Kenny Garner (M-1 Veteran), Alexei Kudin, Andrei Arlovski (currently ranked #7 by UFC) and Tatsuya Mizuno. :):wink:

Why can't the UFC sign heavyweights like Brandon Griffin or Brett McDermott?

McDermott used to play rugby for Ireland at some level and is 8-2 in his MMA career.

Griffin is 4-0 as a Pro and 3-1 at Amateur level but has beaten the likes of Tyler East and Josh Copeland - the 7 fights he has won at both Pro and Amateur have all finished under a minute apart from one that last 1 minute and 19 seconds.

:icon_lol: throwing this in here as well; Sergei Kharitonov - he has been doing okay since getting submitted by Josh Barnett. He's 6-1 since 2010 and in that run has beaten Kenny Garner (M-1 Veteran), Alexei Kudin, Andrei Arlovski (currently ranked #7 by UFC) and Tatsuya Mizuno. :):wink:

Sergei hasn't looked that great as of late, just doesn't seem very committed.

The other two would be good signings though, Griffin is a beast.

They made their offer to Sergei long ago. He laughed at it and went on to make considerably more money elsewhere.

about time for the next good HW prospects. Browne's the best in recent years, after that it's way back to JDS and Cain, DC being at LHW. This guy just isn't good. Magomedov's probably the best recent HW signing.

about time for the next good HW prospects. Browne's the best in recent years, after that it's way back to JDS and Cain, DC being at LHW. This guy just isn't good. Magomedov's probably the best recent HW signing.

even though he's 37, oliynyk is pretty solid atm.

Back