New Headgear

I'd shoot off an email to Pro-box/Ampro or whoever the brand owner is and ask about their sizing.

looks interesting, how's the nose protection on it? Got my nose broke in January and don't particularly fancy having it smashed again :D

Nose protection isn't good. The cheek protectors are very small.

Sounds like a plan. Any experience with pro-box stuff?

Not really. See the stuff plenty around the gym - their gloves and their micro mitts. Have a friend with the pro box facesaver, and one with a pro box open face headguard. My impression has always been that its decent on a budget and you're paying for what you get.

If you have a small head, this is currently on sale:

gephg-grey-300-blk.jpg

Last edited:
cheers minow. Getting a helmet in Ireland is REALLY hard these days. So expensive and generally poor selection :(

Nose protection isn't good. The cheek protectors are very small.

Not really. See the stuff plenty around the gym - their gloves and their micro mitts. Have a friend with the pro box facesaver, and one with a pro box open face headguard. My impression has always been that its decent on a budget and you're paying for what you get.

If you have a small head, this is currently on sale:

gephg-grey-300-blk.jpg

I think the one you picked out in the OP might be as good as you are going to get, and in all likelihood probably a solid buy anyway considering the price.

looks like it :( so envious of the yanks these days. Rivals helmets are SO much cheaper that side of the pond.

looks like it :( so envious of the yanks these days. Rivals helmets are SO much cheaper that side of the pond.

Keep an eye out on ebay, I got a Rival headguard with cheek protectors for about

Back