NEW Hantavirus outbreak in China

hopefully from these outbreaks and pandemics, a new drive to veganism and vegetarianism will start.

In a post-carnivore world it would only be a matter of time before some deadly broccoli or radish virus would mutate and find its way into the human body.

From the article:

Symptoms may occur up to eight weeks “after exposure to fresh urine, droppings, or saliva of infected rodents,” the CDC says, noting it can occasionally also come from bites from infected rats or mice.

That's basically forever... and btw, human to human transmission is virtually unheard of.

source.gif

yeah, your post would consist of non causa pro causa and begging the question fallacies.
Explain.

Tim Bradley was a Vegan. was a world champion boxer. just sayin
I don't buy that. The thing is a lot of vegans spend years eating meat and building a strong foundation, which thay can maintain once they become educated vegans.

What I would like to see happen is an experiment where certain babies are placed on a strictly vegan diet (no mother's milk only vegan baby formula), others on a vegetarian diet and others on an omnivore diet. Then, we can watch these babies grow up and see how they turn out.

Although most likely unethical, I think such an experiment will give us a better picture of which dietary preference is the best. The experiment be even better if we used twins, and gave 1 twin a vegan diet and the other an omnivore diet.

China gonna china. Fucking disgusting people.

Who cares about athletes, even among meat eaters the chances of you getting to the top are very low.
If you are vegan or vegetarian your chances will be worse. We haven't actually done studies on these, because they would probably not pass any ethical boards. However, we can look to certain cultures in India, who have been vegan/vegetarian for generations. They don't produce great athletes.
We should be looking at overall quality of life. Most people that consume meat in the states are obese whereas the majority of vegans including myself are in pretty good shape because we carefully watch everything we put into our bodies.
Japanese eat meat and they have the highest life expectancy. Canadians eat meat, and they are in Top 10 life expectancy. Top 15 countries with highest life expectancies are all traditionally meat eaters.

Meat is not the problem with America. We have poor health and social support, and we eat too much.

Goddamn it China. One outbreak at a time okay?

This time its from rats, either consumption or contact. 1 dead, 32 tested positive

Probably too early to be concerned, but incubation period is a lot longer than COVID so we'll have to wait and see

tenor.gif

LMAO @ Hantavirus. More like CANtavirus. An average of 2-3 annual cases in my neck of the woods. Nothing to fear. Trust me.

hopefully from these outbreaks and pandemics, a new drive to veganism and vegetarianism will start.

Or you know... don't eat exotic animals riddled with diseases that could jump to humans, in unrefrigerated, unsanitized open air markets where people butcher animals, with guts and blood dripping everywhere

Rimshots on bats, felating pangolin and now what barebacking rats? Something is wrong over there. <45>

I don't buy that. The thing is a lot of vegans spend years eating meat and building a strong foundation, which thay can maintain once they become educated vegans.

What I would like to see happen is an experiment where certain babies are placed on a strictly vegan diet (no mother's milk only vegan baby formula), others on a vegetarian diet and others on an omnivore diet. Then, we can watch these babies grow up and see how they turn out.

Although most likely unethical, I think such an experiment will give us a better picture of which dietary preference is the best. The experiment be even better if we used twins, and gave 1 twin a vegan diet and the other an omnivore diet.
Just compare babies born to Jain parents and babies born to non Jains.
Jains are vegetarian.

Back