New Glocks - G43x and G48

jericksen5

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Glock finally came out with a counterpunch to the P365. 2 new single stack Glocks sporting a 10+1 capacity.
Glock-G43X.jpg

Glock1.jpg

From what I’ve read, in addition to lengthening the grip on the current 43 to increase capacity, they also went the Sig route of thinning the magazine and grip walls. Also went with a different slide finish.

My shop couldnt keep the P365 on the shelf. We were selling them as fast as they came in. Be interesting to see how it competes with the new Glock offerings. If Glock doesnt fuck up, and makes sure the slimlines are compatible with existing parts kits, these things will sell like crack.

I’m kind of digging that G43X. The P365 is still better open paper IMO, but they still haven’t proven it reliable with all the issues it’s had.

The 48 basically seems like a single stack 19.

I’m kind of digging that G43X. The P365 is still better open paper IMO, but they still haven’t proven it reliable with all the issues it’s had.
meh. its a pocket pistol. guys are acting like its a damn combat pistol expected to perform in WW1 trench warfare. thats why most 'torture testing' is just internet wank. its perfectly reliable with a variety of ammo types in the role its intended to fulfill

For me personally of the newer Glock offerings the 19x and the 45 are the ones in most interested. To be fair most single stack 9mm polymer pistols don’t fit my hand in a way I find comfortable.

For me personally of the newer Glock offerings the 19x and the 45 are the ones in most interested. To be fair most single stack 9mm polymer pistols don’t fit my hand in a way I find comfortable.
I guess I don’t totally get the appeal of the 45. I have a 19, and could easily carry it with 17 mags, so you already had the capacity option. I have big ape hands and I’ve never thought the 19 grip was too small and needed to be longer either.

I guess I don’t totally get the appeal of the 45. I have a 19, and could easily carry it with 17 mags, so you already had the capacity option. I have big ape hands and I’ve never thought the 19 grip was too small and needed to be longer either.
The 45 has front serrations but otherwise is just like the 19x where they both basically have a 17 frame

We should be hearing rumors of and photoshopped pictures showing, glocks’ new 1911 pretty soon

meh. its a pocket pistol. guys are acting like its a damn combat pistol expected to perform in WW1 trench warfare. thats why most 'torture testing' is just internet wank. its perfectly reliable with a variety of ammo types in the role its intended to fulfill
Well yes, many would expect a modern pistol design to be more reliable than a mass produced handgun from 100+ years ago. Is that not a reasonable expectation?

Glock finally came out with a counterpunch to the P365. 2 new single stack Glocks sporting a 10+1 capacity.
Glock-G43X.jpg

Glock1.jpg

From what I’ve read, in addition to lengthening the grip on the current 43 to increase capacity, they also went the Sig route of thinning the magazine and grip walls. Also went with a different slide finish.
The perspective of the picture is making them look like sub compacts. Are they Subs or are they more of a medium frame? I really want a 10+1 single stack with a 4" barrel and a light rail.

The perspective of the picture is making them look like sub compacts. Are they Subs or are they more of a medium frame? I really want a 10+1 single stack with a 4" barrel and a light rail.
They are single stack carry guns. A little larger in height and width than a double stack subcompact like a G26. But if you’re looking for a 4” single stack 10+1 than the 48 may be your ticket. No light rail but you could throw a Streamligjt TLR-6 on the 43x.

They are single stack carry guns. A little larger in height and width than a double stack subcompact like a G26. But if you’re looking for a 4” single stack 10+1 than the 48 may be your ticket. No light rail but you could throw a Streamligjt TLR-6 on the 43x.

Otherwise the closest thing I can think of to what you want is a P365 but your getting a slightly shorter barrel, or an xds 4” but your not getting 10+1.

Well yes, many would expect a modern pistol design to be more reliable than a mass produced handgun from 100+ years ago. Is that not a reasonable expectation?
No, because the added complexity of today’s firearms combined with significantly tighter tolerances would create an inherently less reliable weapon. Which is why we can’t get rid of most of John Browning’s designs

No, because the added complexity of today’s firearms combined with significantly tighter tolerances would create an inherently less reliable weapon. Which is why we can’t get rid of most of John Browning’s designs
Lol no, just no. As an engineer that works in manufacturing, no.

Lol no, just no. As an engineer that works in manufacturing, no.
ok. lets play a game. I got tables showing aircraft availability rates during WW2, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, and the Persian Gulf War from my old fighter squadrons archives that we used to do performance evaluations conferences on. Which planes do you think had higher sortie rate availability? The P-47D, The F-86E, the F-4C or the F-15C?

Torture testing is one thing but numerous failures due to just a 500-3000 round count is not acceptable. They had like 3 generations of the gun in the first few months.

I like Sig but I'll wait till that thing is further revised.

Torture testing is one thing but numerous failures due to just a 500-3000 round count is not acceptable. They had like 3 generations of the gun in the first few months.

I like Sig but I'll wait till that thing is further revised.
I agree. There is no reason for a gun manufacturer to have issues like Sig has had recently. Sig should've known about the drop issue in the P320, and they should have known about the numerous issues in the P365. I think most people buy a carry pistol, shoot one box of ammo through it, then put it on their hip (or in a safe never to see the light of day again). The videos that MAC did on the P365 really made it seem that Sig has poor testing procedures and a lack of quality control.

Back