New Gi?

MuaythaiOC

White Belt
Reaction score
I was training under Dean Lister down in San Diego and I bought a team gi. I've recently moved to Orange County and im looking for a new place to train. Should I buy a new gi? I know some places dont appreciate people who have gi's reping other teams/schools

3 months ago i left my regular camp and joined a gracie affiliate school. my gi had been from the previous camp and although they told me I was welcome to train with it on I felt it was disrespectful.
I think at the end of the day you are better off buying a new Gi that is unaffiliated to a particular camp. since I travel quite a bit I wanted to get a Gi that wasnt representative of any one school or style so that I could train in places all over the country without feeling weird about it.

3 months ago i left my regular camp and joined a gracie affiliate school. my gi had been from the previous camp and although they told me I was welcome to train with it on I felt it was disrespectful.
I think at the end of the day you are better off buying a new Gi that is unaffiliated to a particular camp. since I travel quite a bit I wanted to get a Gi that wasnt representative of any one school or style so that I could train in places all over the country without feeling weird about it.

Thanks, i thought it would not be respectful as well

Back