New Gi Company

Nick Cody

White Belt
Reaction score
Big Sherdog lover here. I usually just read posts and opinionated columns but Ive decided to finally open up an account. Ive been rolling for about 2 and a half years and me and some guys from the gym I go to (Bay Area Boxing) have decided to create a BJJ/MMA based brand for gis and clothing. If you could throw the page some likes it would be much appreciated. Were gonna have occasional contests as well as awesome gis that will be out in spring. We have samples with pictures, but anyways, any support from the BJJ community would be awesome. Were not asking that you buy our gear, just to genarate a fanbase with some likes and what-not. Thanks! https://www.facebook.com/#!/UnderdogLifestyle?fref=ts

Big Sherdog lover here. I usually just read posts and opinionated columns but Ive decided to finally open up an account. Ive been rolling for about 2 and a half years and me and some guys from the gym I go to (Bay Area Boxing) have decided to create a BJJ/MMA based brand for gis and clothing. If you could throw the page some likes it would be much appreciated. Were gonna have occasional contests as well as awesome gis that will be out in spring. We have samples with pictures, but anyways, any support from the BJJ community would be awesome. Were not asking that you buy our gear, just to genarate a fanbase with some likes and what-not. Thanks! https://www.facebook.com/#!/UnderdogLifestyle?fref=ts

Any specs on the gi? Weave? GSM count? Fit?

Any specs on the gi? Weave? GSM count? Fit?

So far we have three samples. They're crystal weave with 550 GSM, Im 5'11' 175 and the A3 fits me very well. We also have an A2 that fits 5'8" 160 perfect. We've just been rolling in these to test them, and were going to test out some A1,A4,A5 after these ones.

so your looking to generate a fanbase before producing anything? wouldn't it be better to make a product first, rather than try to try to create hype for something you then have to live up to.

Nothing under 500 GSM please. I'm tired of lightweight Gis that stretch to hell and back

so your looking to generate a fanbase before producing anything? wouldn't it be better to make a product first, rather than try to try to create hype for something you then have to live up to.

I totally understand where you're coming from man. We're selling our t-shirts in a few weeks, and just wanted to get a following that can see our process as we get bigger. Soon we will have our first line of gis in a few months and with some people backing our product they can be involved in contests with cool gear and stuff. We just wanted to get a mutually beneficial relationship with our followers as we get larger so its a win-win for everyone.

A 900+ GSM gi in slim cut would be amazing. All the heavy gis left are ridiculously baggy

Now this is something I'd like to see. I'd wear lightweight gis for competition, but 900GSM models are good for everyday rolling. Wish someone made these gis, perfect armor.

I think when they get that heavy they switch to oz. It sucks that at the same moment Howard switched to slim sizing, they got rid of the absolute and the double. The slimmest heavy gi I have seen is the adidas Romulo, but the pants are mc hammer style

A 900+ GSM gi in slim cut would be amazing. All the heavy gis left are ridiculously baggy

Thats a great idea, strong yet sleek. Like I said, we're messing around with 550 right now just to keep it a little lighter, but still durable.

Back