New generation of post-Soviet-union region fighters speak English fluently

It is more or less common that most of Russians and post soviet can speak Russian, atleast in Baltic countries such as Latvia and Lithuania

The Russian language have lost their value during the last decade unless you want to make a career in Moscow in some specific industries

Yeah I know, youngsters' Russian is embarrassing.

Sweet. Seems in a couple decades now we may have a new generation post-American fighters speaking Russian fluently.

Or will it be Chinese? <Eek2.0>

A bit farther than that, more like Russian vs Ukrainian.

Could be. Might depend also on which part of Rumania you come from. I have some friends from northern Rumania (the part that's close to the border with Moldova) and they tell me their own local dialect is extremely similar to Moldovan.

They always did TBH (I started studying at school there), the question is - how they teach it :)
My shitty English is a perfect example
Honestly, your English seems better than half the population of America.

For those of you that grew up in a country where English is not the native language, how old were you when you started learning it? Also how was it taught to you?

The english lessons in the brazilian highschool are weak, but at least we learn the basic stuff, like sentence structures.

I started learning it playing video games when i was a kid, since they didn't had the portuguese language untill the PS3 and Xbox 360 generation, and Nintendo games still don't have it.

They always did TBH (I started studying at school there), the question is - how they teach it :)
My shitty English is a perfect example
After1989-1990.
Before Russsian was studied in schools not english in soviet countries

I was born in Moscow, but have some family in Ukraine and even fewer in North Ossetia. My younger cousins can speak English somewhat fluently, but their Russian and their parents' Russian is definitely interesting to listen to

For those of you that grew up in a country where English is not the native language, how old were you when you started learning it? Also how was it taught to you?
In school from 5th grade on, so at the age of eleven or so.
So for me it was six years of english in school, the rest i learned through reading stuff in english on th internet (as most things are in english).

Also: english should be mandatory in every school around the world.
It's very easy to speak and to learn, perfect for a world-wide language.

I dont believe you. Unless yoir father was high level communist who wanted you to be a diplomat.

Друг мой словацкий,
Не знаю, в какой жопе ты родился и вырос, но к концу восьмидесятых английский преподавали в приличных школах приличных городов уже со второго класса.
Хочешь верь, хочешь нет, хочешь об стенку убейся.

Back