New Gameness Air Gi

Amanda L

Orange Belt
Reaction score
111.jpg

The highly anticipated Gameness Ultralight Gi, the AIR, is now available in white, blue and black. This may be the lighest BJJ Gi in the world.

Approximate weights in white:
A1 2.6 lbs
A2 2.8 lbs
A3 2.9 lbs
A4 3.2 lbs
A5 3.5 lbs

The quality that you expect from Gameness in a new comb weave that lightens the load. Give the AIR a try. We are launching the AIR Gi's at an introductory retail price of only $119 in white, $129 in blue & $139 in black.

Anyone picking one of these bad boys up? I would like to hear some opinions on it.

hhmmmm...possibly. I dont know. Need a pic or two more to see it better. For 119 bucks, seems a bit high for a gi a bit lighter than the feather.

Gameness has always made good quality stuff but their artwork always just a little off.. Kind of amateurish

How the hell could they make a lighter gi than the feather? I have a blue and white feather which are quality gi's, but there definitely is a difference in how both gi's feel, with the white being feeling lighter, so I really don't know how they could make a lighter gi that doesn't feel flimsy without compromising long term longevity.

Hope they don't use same weave as the GFC lite gi

I really don't know how they could make a lighter gi that doesn't feel flimsy without compromising long term longevity.

The lighter a gi is, the less longevity it has. Every "light" gi will last less than a heavier single weave, which will last less than gold and double weaves.

How much lighter is the feather than the pearl?

This is the weight of the Pearl:

A1 - 4.0 lbs
A2 - 4.4 lbs
A3 - 4.8 lbs
A4 - 5.0 lbs
A5 - 5.4 lbs

Compared to the weight of the Air in my first post, it's a pretty significant difference.

Anyone rolled in one yet? Is the combed weave similar to the Vulkan combed weave? If so does it stretch like the Vulkan? Just wondering I would like to pick one up as my gameness gi's I currently have are great, I just hate the stretching in the Vulkans and wonder if this will do the same.

Edit to add question: If anyone has rolled in this gi and the feather which do you prefer?

I'll second a review request if anyone has tried it yet and that the lame patches would have to go. Also is it the same slim fit as people have reported with their other gamenesses?

I would like to hear some reviews on this one as well.

So review it! Weave, fit, shrinkage, stretchiness, collar, pants, does it make your ass look big? Come on...

thanks.

I agree, please elaborate. I have a gameness feather and like it alot. Want to see how these stack up, i have a chance to get one at a good deal.

What is the fit like? Looks slim fit which is what I'm looking for.

Had a friend pick one up from Jiu-Jitsu Gi/Kimono I believe the seller may have them in stock but not advertised. The site is not good looking but the service and seller is quick to ship and answer all your questions.

The jacket fits well and the cut is almost identical to the pearl. The pants are too light for me but all together its a sharp looking gi. Curious to see how the pants will hold up in everyday training.

cool review bro!!

No other gi on the planet shrinks more than this. I wear an A3, and the A3 Gameness Air shrank into an A2. I bought the A4 to replace it, and it shrunk to a cozy A3. I have seen gis shrink, but usually a shrunk A3 is a snug fit, this shrunk A4 is snug.

As far as comfort, you can't beat this gi. It breathes well and honestly I don't even feel it at all. The collars are easy to grab and hold onto, so I find myself getting into some trouble there, but as mentioned in other threads, it helps you work on defense a bit.

The pants are an odd cut. The waist is big, but snug when drawn in with the strings (nice, thick and soft strings that I like very much, and the loops seem sturdy enough). However, the thighs seem cut wider than need be. The length is fine.

The skirt length is a BIT long for my tastes, as I seem to get my partners feet tangled in it more than my other gis. Still, this is not a complaint, just something to consider.

If anyone has any specific questions, i'd be happy to answer them. Just be sure to buy a full size over what you usually get for this one.

Back