New Friday the 13th Game 2016

Always liked the idea of a Slasher video game.

I know there was plans for a PS2 game where you would get to create your killer, choose his weapon, and then be let lose on a group of young adults. Sounded like a really good idea for a game but it got canned for being controversial.

[YT]75xsuaNunXk[/YT]

I was just post about Campfire. I've been waiting for a game where you are a slasher villan for a long long time now and I was utterly disappointed when I found out Campfire got cancelled. Anyways PigFarmer games have been putting out slasher games for the PC check it out

Maybe I'm just out of the loop but I don't have much confidence in a game that has to be crowd funded. Is this a thing in the gaming industry now? Has this produced an actual good game?

pillars of eternity was awesome

Few years ago there was some decent Halloween PC games, one was survive Halloween night, other was a stealth type game with Myers as the controlled player.

Been looking forward to a full slasher game on consoles. Splatterhouse was pretty much forced out glitches and all but I still played it.

Just reskin Resident Evil 3 and call it a day.

Going to toss in vor the $99 version, I am a Friday the 13th nut to the degree of spending over $2000 on props cast from the movie props, not to mention other collectables costing even more.

I'm actually starting to worry they wont reach the $700,000 in time. I've been checking kickstarter every day for the last week and they've only went from $420k-$456k. That seems kinda slow.

If they don't reach the $700,000 level, the game still gets made, but not as F13th. It'll go back to being "Slasher Camp Vol. 1" :icon_sad:

Hopefully it's good and hopefully they use classic series Jason and not the remake. What would be cool is to have a chapter representing each series iteration. The development time better have been more than a year and a half though.

Maybe I'm just out of the loop but I don't have much confidence in a game that has to be crowd funded. Is this a thing in the gaming industry now? Has this produced an actual good game?

It's a small company that's making the game. They were looking to team up with a major company, but all the major companies wanted too much control and were asking for retarded things (like limited blood and "T" rating) so the game makers said fuck it and decided to go the crowdfunding route. I see nothing wrong with that.

Hopefully it's good and hopefully they use classic series Jason and not the remake. What would be cool is to have a chapter representing each series iteration. The development time better have been more than a year and a half though.

Is it possible to release a multi platform game with less time than that in development? If so, that shit should be banned.

Doing the math, with 24 days left, they're gonna have to make $9,846 PER DAY for the next 24 days in order to hit their goal of $700,000.

Seems like a long shot.

I was just post about Campfire. I've been waiting for a game where you are a slasher villan for a long long time now and I was utterly disappointed when I found out Campfire got cancelled. Anyways PigFarmer games have been putting out slasher games for the PC check it out

LOL wow.

crypt_f13main__span.png

Gotta be better than this.

One had to wonder on a campground infested with Zombies every few steps why Jason was such a big deal? lol. Mark and Crissy were the only good Councillors. The others sucked.

This horrific game is engraved into my brain.

just reskin until dawn...or add a dlc so that the character is jason or some shit.,

problem solved

Doing the math, with 24 days left, they're gonna have to make $9,846 PER DAY for the next 24 days in order to hit their goal of $700,000.

Seems like a long shot.

Who cares about the goal? Do they not get any more money after that date? Seems retarded.

am i the only one that thinks telltale could possibly do a decent F13??

Who cares about the goal? Do they not get any more money after that date? Seems retarded.

Supposedly if they don't make the $700,000 then they don't get to make the game as "Friday the 13th." It'll revert back to being "Summer Camp Vol. 1"

Is it possible to release a multi platform game with less time than that in development? If so, that shit should be banned.

All the yearly game series' say yes, but then again when that happens you get AC: Unity.

am i the only one that thinks telltale could possibly do a decent F13??

No, their style of gameplay is very limited story based. The Friday the 13th films do not rely on story but atmosphere and horror-action. I understand the mention fo them based on their choice based gameplay, but a Ft13th game needs to have real time intense gameplay.
There is/was actually an awesome looking Kickstarter for a slasher game called Last Year that Sean Cunningham's lawyers called dispute on because it has similarities to Friday the 13th, so I think they actually feared this game. The Kickstarter is down due to the dispute claim, but I first saw info about it on IGN. Here's the thread with all the info and concept art.
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/l...s-perfect-for-wii-u.454308718/#post-500502935

Pretty excited for this. Hopefully a mish mash of manhunt and other survival horror games.

I want Manhunt 3 for PS4 so bad.

Besides the GTA series, Manhunt is my favorite game from them.

It's a small company that's making the game. They were looking to team up with a major company, but all the major companies wanted too much control and were asking for retarded things (like limited blood and "T" rating) so the game makers said fuck it and decided to go the crowdfunding route. I see nothing wrong with that.

This, %100.

If you want to do it YOUR way, you have to get funding from people who will let you do it YOUR way.

First I am seeing of the game, and frankly, I absolutely love the concept. 7V1 sounds like it would be fun/adventurous/terrifying to play as a counselor and an absolute blast to play Jason.

The latest...

This, %100.

If you want to do it YOUR way, you have to get funding from people who will let you do it YOUR way.

First I am seeing of the game, and frankly, I absolutely love the concept. 7V1 sounds like it would be fun/adventurous/terrifying to play as a counselor and an absolute blast to play Jason.

Let me ask you guys (any everyone else) this.... outside of Jason, which character are you most looking forward to playing as? (Jock, Cheerleader, Girl Next Door, Bad Boy, Nerd, etc)

Let me ask you guys (any everyone else) this.... outside of Jason, which character are you most looking forward to playing as? (Jock, Cheerleader, Girl Next Door, Bad Boy, Nerd, etc)

Jock or Nerd.

Great potential, fun concept. But it all depends on who gets the job. Few can live up to the expectations.

Give me a paranoid pothead option like in Cabin in the Woods...

tumblr_mihdt4Ddgr1qgh53jo1_500.gif

tumblr_mthn0arrZl1qbg1nso1_500.gif

Man, I'm seriously worried this thing isn't going to make the $700,000 in time. On kickstarter, it says this project only moves forward if they make the $700K.

11 days to go and over $100,000 away. :(

I want Manhunt 3 for PS4 so bad.

Besides the GTA series, Manhunt is my favorite game from them.
First Manhunt + a headset = awesome. I liked the challenge, it was tough but not screen punching tough. A next gen manhunt would be great, maybe they'll get motivated with all these games coming out.

4 Days left.

I am much like Plissken in my Friday the 13th fandom, but I have been back and forth on donating. I am not much of an online gamer anymore and just prefer single player games. I doubt this will get anywhere near the $1.6 mill it needs for that to happen.

This will probably be a last minute decision.

Creator of the original film and CEO of Crystal Lake Entertainment, Sean S. Cunningham, said:
"I'm a piece of shit who would sell out his mother for a few dollars. Jason is just a piggy bank to me. Fuck your childhood and your expectations."

Offer him $50 bucks and you can make your very own Friday the 13th whatever.

Last edited:
I haven't donated yet, I'll probably wait until the last day, had to do my bills for October first.

Latest Update:

backers

$680,960
pledged of $700,000 goal

days to go

5e3e3eab29ad0bfa6d3ca385c3617b48_original.png

6949b9b80027924e0ddcd9008a04d9f1_original.png

Back