New found respect for Cody

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by DocGreenthumb, Dec 30, 2016.

1. DocGreenthumb

DocGreenthumb Green Belt

what he did for that cancer survivor was pretty special to share a moment like that with someone else.

snakedafunky and Pwent like this.
  2. Xenon_

Xenon_ Storytelling, women n the violence of the octagon

A truely great gift for the kid. He was buzzin:D

First time ive seen the classy side of Cody and it was nice to see

snakedafunky likes this.
  3. Pwent

Pwent Guest

yeah that was an awesome moment

4. That209

That209 Gold Belt

Dan Quinn's house learning hands of steel
    Cody gets A LOT of unwarranted hate and I'm not sure why, honestly.

I hated on him a bit leading up to this fight too and I will admit that - but the truth is, Cody isn't a bad guy, he's clearly a decent person if you actually get to know him. I think it's just that Cody gets offended easily and sometimes he'll come off as a douche because of it.

I've always enjoyed watching him as a fighter, 'cause seriously, how can anybody hate on Cody as a fighter? he's very fun to watch. In a way, I do understand why he gets hate but at the same time I do think it's a little much (from the fans) sometimes.

I'm completely blown away by his performance tonight. He looked absolutely incredible in there against one of the most skilled fighters on the roster and one of the P4P best for a long, long time.

I expected Cody to be emotional and fall into Dom's game and chase him around the entire time - but he fought very intelligently and clearly the mental warfare doesn't work on him as well as so many of us thought.

He definitely got emotional and pissed off leading up to the fight, but he kept his emotions in check during the actual fight and that just shows he's more intelligent than most in there in a fight with such high tension against one another.

I didn't expect Cruz to be outcruzed, that's for sure. Normally people are chasing Cruz and missing basically everything and get outclassed, but Cruz was the one doing the chasing and missing.

Cruz ate all of his words tonight and honestly, I'm a little happy about it because now I get to see a bunch of people cry!

Cody is much better than I thought he was, he proved it tonight.

What a performance. Truly an amazing performance and he is now a candidate for 'fighter of the year', in my opinion.

I'm just blown away by his performance tonight, I can't say it enough about how amazing he looked against Dominick fucking Cruz of all people.

Just wow.

Time for Pouty Ronda Rousey.

5. DocGreenthumb

DocGreenthumb Green Belt

Showing that kind of class makes it hard to root against him for here on out.