International New Finnish Study Finds No Evidence For Man-Made Climate Change

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
At most that study says that some of the methods used to isolate human influence on climate change from any natural changes are flawed because they don't accurately account for low cloud cover

Could it be something to be used to update models and make them more accurate? Potentially. Is it definitive proof there is no man made climate change? Absolutely not. It's 6 pages. That's a college 2 week assignment sophomore year.

One thing that always surprises me and during these debates is the focus on co2 emissions wall completely ignoring the dozens and dozens of greenhouse gases used by. most of these such as for flourinated gases are thousands of times more powerful in terms of heat retention and CO2. For instance sulfur hexafluoride has a global warming potential of 22 thousand. this essentially means that one ton of sulfur hexafluoride is equal to 22000 tons of CO2 in terms of how much heat they can retain their by increasing the temperature of the Earth.

if there is one thing that is absolutely true it's that by increasing these greenhouse gases, the temperature of the planet will undoubtedly rise. This is an undoubtable, unquestionable fact. to deny that fact is basically like saying putting room temperature water on a hot stove will not raise the temperature. the problem lies in trying to actually model what mankind's effect has been and what it will actually do in terms of temperature raising.

Holy fucking shit is that paper ever a pile of garbage. ''We find that, over a short time scale, a variable which may vary widely over a short time scale will better explain temperatures over that short time scale than a variable which varies slowly with time. Therefore, we proved AGW is bullshit.''

tenor.gif

Not that I disagree with you or want to cause a shit storm, but it is a little hypocritical to post a meme (or this case a comic panel with a meme feel to it) as a mod when mods have been going around and punting memes out of all the other threads (rightfully) saying to present arguments with words and supprting graphs where applicable.

Alt righters are hilarious. Just because Al Gore pushed climate change, they have been rustled.
I live in Central Florida for the last 20 years and let me tell you the last couple years it has been hotter than Satan's Taint in the summer. Heat Indexes over 105 on the regular.
I don't need two Finnish Bozos that are cooking data to tell me climate change is fake, I feel it more and more over the summer. It is getting hotter.
Over 90% scientist agree that the climate is changing. They may disagree on the reasons why but they agree. Now every bullshit science paper that disagrees with climate change has to be posted on Sherdog. Sad part is the posters never even bother to read what they are posting.
If this 6 page earth shattering paper that was not peer reviewed, would have been read by the TS, the TS would have thought twice about posting it.

Not that I disagree with you or want to cause a shit storm, but it is a little hypocritical to post a meme (or this case a comic panel with a meme feel to it) as a mod when mods have been going around and punting memes out of all the other threads (rightfully) saying to present arguments with words and supprting graphs where applicable.
That's a jpeg, not a meme. Even if it were a meme it isn't a meme in the traditional sense carrying a terse sarcastic quip that is troped on top of an image denominator. It also functions as graph of the earth's historical average temperature-- its primary aim. My single greatest gripe with it is that it doesn't also chart the (for most of history estimated) CO2 levels in our atmosphere adjacently.

Hmmm, the study is six pages long and almost exclusively cites to previous work by the authors. I do not believe that it "illustrates how there is no overwhelming consensus on man-made global warming as the media often claims," as stated in the article.
So this is the correct study and all the other studies are bunk eh?
Well, there is that and also it's just a paper on Arxiv. It's a place you post your stuff so it doesn't get stolen but it's not peer reviewed.
Scientists publish incorrect or stupid articles on Arxiv all the time and update it later so that if somebody steals their idea they can prove they have priority. There are also cranks that upload obvious frauds:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArXiv#Controversy
Think of it as a message board for scholars. Free to publish, serves as a repository for your work, can help you share your work.
aaahhh turku university....western finland .

"pukes"
Heh, at least it's not Trump University

Everyone knows global warming is a hoax made up by the Chinese.

Lol, what a pile of shit. If this picks up steam it will probably ruin their careers.

Go on Youtube and look for scientists, climatologist, and other experts who don't buy into this climate change is a catastrophe belief, there are plenty. Look at both sides then make up your mind.
Dr Patrick Moore, Judith Curry, Lord Moncton, Ivar Giaever, Freeman Dyson, and others.

Also lmao at the dudes last name being kauppinen

So basically what TS is saying is, we plant a shitload of trees and continue the current greening of earth, our tree overlords will suck up that CO2 in no time.

Go on Youtube and look for scientists, climatologist, and other experts who don't buy into this climate change is a catastrophe belief, there are plenty. Look at both sides then make up your mind.
Dr Patrick Moore, Judith Curry, Lord Moncton, Ivar Giaever, Freeman Dyson, and others.

Just dont look at peer reviewed or credible sources. Because then you wont get both sides.

Why would anyone do that? People only listen to whom they agree with and claim the other side is being paid off by someone.

or - and this is a radical idea - pay attention in your fucking science classes in school and actually build an educational foundation to understand things. then you won't have to sit there like a drooling troglodyte depending on someone else to tell you how to think.

this whole "look at both sides and make up your mind" bullshit is literally one of the dumbest yet most effective propaganda tools used by conservatives. it's a way for blue collar shit kickers working minimum wage jobs to feel like they are smart. then when they stock the shelves in a warehouse or put up the fuckin drywall they can pretend like "yea, climate change is a hoax because i heard it from rush limbaugh and he's the other side of the debate."

fucking morons i swear to christ.

TS, you did it, you topped your “Game of Thrones anti-man propaganda” thread for sheer stupidity.

The paper, titled ‘No experimental evidence for the significant anthropogenic climate change’ was published by Jyrki Kauppinen and Pekka Malmi.

The study found that, “During the last hundred years the temperature is increased about 0.1°C because of carbon dioxide. The human contribution was about 0.01°C.”

https://summit.news/2019/07/11/new-finnish-study-finds-no-evidence-for-man-made-climate-change/

We need to develop green technologies and take care of our environment but man made global warming is an insidious hoax perpetrated by radical environmentalists and opportunistic politicians and investors.
"Study"

Then look who funds them

Back