New Findings About Head Trauma Will Change MMA To A More Catch Wrestling Type Sport

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I can see how recent findings on the severity of head trauma and the long term effects of concussions will lead to banning kicks to the head (unless padded kick boots are used) and possibly any strikes to the head other than forearms. With that, it's going to start to resemble Pancrase and eventually Catch Wrestling more and more. There are ways of definitively ending a fight without using strikes to the head. A submission is the most definitive ending of all because it's the only one in which one man actually says "I quit." The future of fighting is going to favor the fighters most adept at submitting their opponents i.e. favor technical wrestlers over brawlers.

Swords...need moar swords. You can't get a more definitive end to a fight than a good ole' fashioned decapitation.

So you're saying that NFL will be banned and boxing too?

Celebrating KO's in this sport will not endure the test of time. Enjoy it while you can.

Kickboxing and boxing cause way more trauma and they're fine. MMA will stay the way it is.

I can see how recent findings on the severity of head trauma and the long term effects of concussions will lead to banning kicks to the head (unless padded kick boots are used) and possibly any strikes to the head other than forearms. With that, it's going to start to resemble Pancrase and eventually Catch Wrestling more and more. There are ways of definitively ending a fight without using strikes to the head. A submission is the most definitive ending of all because it's the only one in which one man actually says "I quit." The future of fighting is going to favor the fighters most adept at submitting their opponents i.e. favor technical wrestlers over brawlers.

I would bet my bottom dollar that the FUCKING BILLION dollar RETROSPECTIVE CTE penalty for retired players handed down to the NFL by the US judicial system got the F brothers SERIOUSLY motivated to sell the UFC. Let the new owner get F'd in the A without V by the Government.

Can you imagine if they were forced to pay up for guys like Gary Goodridge when they inevitably start to show sign of brain damage!

980x.gif

Those guys are A-level athletes.

I thought they were A- or B+ level athletes. Only football players and LeBron James can be A level? But even an A - level athlete can avoid concussions way more than a C level athlete one would see in MMA

So you're saying that NFL will be banned and boxing too?

Are you kidding me. When Hillery get into office, we males will no longer even be allowed to possess our testicles much less legally watch the moral equivalent of War!

look how many times ovreem has been ko'd and same with bisping. those guys are fine.

on the other hand george st. pierre was not fine

meh. if that happened I would just stop watching or find a new org or start watching kickboxing/muay thai more

This just happened and everyone loved it

IMG-20160717-WA0033.0.jpg

War MMA

What about boxing and kickboxing? Why only mma?

Next thing you know, we'll be seeing these
8278290-Couple-workout-on-ring-Man-and-woman-fighters-in-sports-helmets-Guy-kicking-girl-in-head-by-leg-and--Stock-Photo.jpg

Back