New Fedor sighting

These threads are such a tease. Sign him up already Dana!

Those sleeves are in some serious danger of bursting at any moment.

Sad to see so many people crying juice. Guys, he has somewhat bigger-looking biceps, in some photos. These are results basically anyone can attain. Get a gym membership.

Agreed. He's not even ripped, and he always had more body fat than most fighters. I got a couple of friends who have no problem putting on muscle, but they're not shredded, they just look big. Keep in mind that Fedor is approaching 40, and if you're naturally a guy who eats more and can gain weight easily, you're probably not gonna slim down with age. His muscles are probably thick and dense as fuck from all those years of training, as with most older guys. I once tried to arm-wrestle a car mechanic(I guess I was around 19 then and he was approaching 40). I'm not weak, but there was no comparison to this guy, he twisted my arm like I was a kid xD. I've also met various construction workers, plumbers etc. with incredible grip strength. Some of these guys were chubby, but their arms were so damn thick and strong. So yeah, if you're a professional athlete, you eat enough and train all your life, you can look like Fedor. He was never a skinny guy to begin with.

First thought that came to mind.

I don't see what's controversial or confusing about this.

Fedor is over 35 years old, and his athleticism was visibly declining in his last few fights.

OF COURSE he is using testosterone. And lots of other fighters do too. I'm not trying to bash them by saying that. It seems like common sense to me.

How old are you people? 12? I will say it again. Listen close, young ones. You can get much bigger, without steroids. People have been doing it for years. He doesn't look all that much bigger than before. He looks a little more solid, that's it. Plus, with modern day supplementation(not talking about anything illegal) that makes all that much easier. there is some pretty advanced stuff out there. maybe you people should actually learn a little bit.

Actually, you are missing a critical point: cardio. You can get very big without steroids but it is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to get very big AND have pro-fighter level cardio ability.

Being 5'10" 230lbs jacked if your focus is purely bodybuilding? Sure, it's possible (difficult, but possible).

Being 5'10" 230lbs jacked while training MMA 4 hours a day without steroids? Nope. Not possible. Which is why just about every fighter in the heavier weight classes is on the juice.

It's very difficult to put on that kind of weight. The very cynical part of me thinks he went and cycled supplements for three years. Now he's probably clean again. Probably has been for while as it takes a bit for your testosterone to stabilize. What most people forget is that you still hang on to a lot of the gains you made even after usage has stopped. His face is way thinner yet his body looks bigger. He might still be about 235 or maybe even lighter but he's definitely lost body fat as well.

Part of me thinks Fedor is a bit of an evil person. He used to be compared to a cyborg. It's probably still true. What if all of this "God" stuff is just PR bs so he can transition seamlessly into politics. He's a national hero and is also obviously intelligent. If all that were true, then it would also mean that he doesn't mind lying to everyone and that he doesn't mind sticking to an agenda. I'm probably just being pessimistic.

With all that said, Fedor's the greatest MMA fighter thus far. A true legend of the sport and the obvious second face on MMA's Mt. Rushmore along with Helio Gracie.

Disregarding everything else you've said, Helio shouldn't even be anywhere near an MMA Mt. Rushmore.

Kano should be on before Helio and I wouldn't suggest he be anywhere near it.

Agreed. He's not even ripped, and he always had more body fat than most fighters. I got a couple of friends who have no problem putting on muscle, but they're not shredded, they just look big. Keep in mind that Fedor is approaching 40, and if you're naturally a guy who eats more and can gain weight easily, you're probably not gonna slim down with age. His muscles are probably thick and dense as fuck from all those years of training, as with most older guys. I once tried to arm-wrestle a car mechanic(I guess I was around 19 then and he was approaching 40). I'm not weak, but there was no comparison to this guy, he twisted my arm like I was a kid xD. I've also met various construction workers, plumbers etc. with incredible grip strength. Some of these guys were chubby, but their arms were so damn thick and strong. So yeah, if you're a professional athlete, you eat enough and train all your life, you can look like Fedor. He was never a skinny guy to begin with.

This was true even during his Strikeforce run, where most agree he looked comparatively soft and detrained.

thumbnail_crop.php

It was all there, hiding under the chub.

Actually, you are missing a critical point: cardio. You can get very big without steroids but it is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to get very big AND have pro-fighter level cardio ability.

Being 5'10" 230lbs jacked if your focus is purely bodybuilding? Sure, it's possible (difficult, but possible).

Being 5'10" 230lbs jacked while training MMA 4 hours a day without steroids? Nope. Not possible. Which is why just about every fighter in the heavier weight classes is on the juice.

You're leaving out something bro, Fedor has way more body fat than an average fighter. He's still chubby and pudgy around the waist, and his muscles are big but there is a layer of fat there as well, he's not lean by any means.

I think the added size has come from training less. MMA is as much an endurance sport as it is a strength sport. Probably high volume training made him slimmer.

I assume once he resumes his training camp he will go back to the size he was.

I think the added size has come from training less. MMA is as much an endurance sport as it is a strength sport. Probably high volume training made him slimmer.

I assume once he resumes his training camp he will go back to the size he was.

Finally some smart answer...

Some more points..
1.Fedor wasnt training 4 or more hours these years..His volume was cut extremly ...
2.Fedor wasnt weightraining much or almost nada already 10 years ago...He just restarted doing it after those 3 losses, smart move..He was visibly loosing muscle mass...Also 2 more reason for loosing muscle mass

3. Fedor was doing running overkill...Find me a man on this planet that runs 10 or more miles a days, doesnt do much weightlifting (except some circular conditioning, body movements and grappling) and all other cardio and keeps his muscles while aging..Yes , good luck... There is none on that planet...

4.Religion. IT was said that he followed some fasting procotols of his religion. If this is true , it melts muscle away even faster than cardio, and combiend with cardio it is even miracle he looked as he looked in those loosing years..

Now all he did is cut cardio volume, returned to serious weigthlifting and maybe abandoned fasting practices of religion and some of you already screaming juice ...Dont be silly please...

You guys think Dana, if he signs up Fedor, would suggest he cut weight to 205?

I don't see what's controversial or confusing about this.

Fedor is over 35 years old, and his athleticism was visibly declining in his last few fights.

OF COURSE he is using testosterone. And lots of other fighters do too. I'm not trying to bash them by saying that. It seems like common sense to me.

11755349_10206405906400356_4157940435723198814_n.jpg

This is my dad. 55 years old all natural (except the artificial left knee).

Why on Earth would you think Fedor's physique isn't natural?

If his fingers werent cut off that pic would make the perfect av.

This was true even during his Strikeforce run, where most agree he looked comparatively soft and detrained.

thumbnail_crop.php

It was all there, hiding under the chub.

He was pretty buff vs Rogers.

20091108115140_IMG_9618.JPG

But the problem was that his grappling (his grappling strentgh too-look at the forearms in picture 2) and fight IQ weren't there anymore.

Picture 2 (prime grappling Fedor before Minotauro I. fight)

34e9mo1.jpg

How old are you people? 12? I will say it again. Listen close, young ones. You can get much bigger, without steroids. People have been doing it for years. He doesn't look all that much bigger than before. He looks a little more solid, that's it. Plus, with modern day supplementation(not talking about anything illegal) that makes all that much easier. there is some pretty advanced stuff out there. maybe you people should actually learn a little bit.

You remind me of those people saying overreem was clean back in 2010 when he looked like the hulk. People were all like *that's totally normal man, I gained 30lb of lean muscle in a few weeks just lifting weights and eating tuna* I am sorry to tell you that's not natural. Look at pictures of circus "strong men" and bodybuilders from the late 1800's and early 1900's. That is what the male body can look like without steroids.

Back