New fan trying to get into Glory.

Welcome to kickboxing man! Wish I could wipe my memories and go back to watching the 1998-2001 era stuff.

I should have also stated Musashi vs Bernardo was thrilling as well. Bernardo has been KO'ing dudes left and right in every GP. Then he runs into Musashi who looks like a Lightweight in comparison, and the much smaller Asian Rocky gives him a fight! It was close too until the knockdown, still couldn't stop him though. I look forward to more of Musashi's career hopefully there are other fights of his available on Fight Pass.

Oh Musashi. I actually have started to appreciate his career more in retrospect.

Wait a second, they raised Hug's hand after 3 rounds but than both Hug and Hoost went back to their corners and got ready for another round?? I thought they declared Hug the winner, why are they fighting another round? I'm at work which is why it's taking so long to get through this fight, but I don't understand why they would raise Hug's arm when reading the decision, then send the fighters back out for round 4.

*edit* And they just did it again? Now there is going to be a round 5?? I mean don't get me wrong it's been a great fight so I don't mind the bonus rounds. I would just like to understand why they are doing them.
extension rounds for when there's a draw

extension rounds for when there's a draw
Okay I figured it was something like that. But if it was a draw then why did they raise Hug's arm like he was the winner after 3 rounds and the scorecards were read?

Okay I figured it was something like that. But if it was a draw then why did they raise Hug's arm like he was the winner after 3 rounds and the scorecards were read?
ref messed up, idk where you're watching but you can see the look on his face here
25:42

ref messed up, idk where you're watching but you can see the look on his face here
25:42

UFC Fight Pass, and oh okay thanks. I just assumed it was normal, but found it odd raising a fighters hand as the victor then going into sudden death rounds lol.

Watching K-1 Star Wars 96' now, there are some great fights and big upsets on this card. Le Banner stops Hoost & Bernardo stops Aerts both good exciting action packed fights. Man Le Banner & Aerts can really crank it up, especially when they seem to get in trouble. Aerts got stunned and actually dropped while connecting with a crushing leg kick, Aerts gets up appears unfazed, and proceeds to punish Bernardo's legs to the point I'm surprised he didn't go down. Bernardo lost in the finals of the 96' K-1 GP due to Leg Kicks from Andy Hug, so he really gritted his teeth to get through the barrage of Aerts whose legkicks appear like being hit by a bamboo whip. But props to Bernardo he could hit like a fucking truck with them hands.

Hercules 96' is next up.

Last edited:
@rorschach51 Welcome mate, enjoy the thrill!

I wish I had the patience to actually sit through all the WGPs one by one in order like you seem to be doing. ever since I got into K-1 I'd always watch random fights here and there which makes you miss out on context and leads to forgetting half of what you saw and remembering the other half in a blur.

It's strange that UFC Fight Pass has all those K-1 events like Hercules, Rising, Gladiators etc. but none of the K-1 Max events...

I highly recommend watching the K-1 Max events @rorschach51

Andy Hug was a machine, I'm eagerly awaiting seeing that Axe Kick land.

On to K-1 Kings 1997 if Hoost is 6'2" then there is no way Merwe (the man he's fighting) is 6'11", 6'5" - 6'6" maybe.

It's strange that UFC Fight Pass has all those K-1 events like Hercules, Rising, Gladiators etc. but none of the K-1 Max events...

I highly recommend watching the K-1 Max events @rorschach51

Yeah it's annoying that they don't have any max events, i've seen all the max gps but some of those world tourmanent opens and champions challenge cards i havent seen. The few champions challenge cards I saw were pretty entertaining.

Back