New Fairtex gloves: which model to buy?

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by My2Cents, Aug 5, 2016.

1. My2Cents

My2Cents Brown Belt

I am going to order a new pair from of Fairtex gloves from Thailand. At the moment I use Windy's with extra wrist support (I have had some wrist injuries). I am going to use them for sparring, bag work and overall training...

Can anyone recommend which Fairtex model I should buy when I want some wrist support?

2. Kanka

Kanka Black Belt

I think the fairtex BGV is the best of them for alround work. Although i don't like to get hit by these in sparring, the padding is more dense than other brands (twins, top kings, boon etc).

BGV9 is good for bag work, aswell as the standard fairtex bag mitts.

From what i've heard the other fairtex gloves (angular sparring gloves, super sparring gloves) are not good at all.

3. My2Cents

My2Cents Brown Belt

4. Kanka

Kanka Black Belt

Oh sorry i meant BGV1 is the best one for allround, and BVG9 for pad and bah work.

Not sure which number the sparring gloves are but one is BGB5 and the other one maybe BGV7 but ive heard they arent very good

5. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

I've used Fairtex and King, but now I'm using SABAS and these are the best gloves I've ever had. Highly recommended:

http://www.sabasfightgear.com/

The Super Softs are basically Winning clones for around $100

JohnMc likes this.