New Dutch heavyweight talent

charlesponzi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
For a few years we have been waiting for some new heavyweight talent coming through in The Netherlands after we had so many great ones.

We of course have Verhoeven, but he is not the exciting fighter that knocks people out. And Michael Duut has been a big disappointment.

There is one guy that i think will be a big star in a few years. He is 18, trained by Mejiro gym and fights for Enfusion.

His name is Tom de Smet and here are two fights from him:

[YT]ZE96a7QetO8[/YT]
[YT]03CPLS4iajY[/YT]

He is technically very good and has knockout power in both hands.

His footwork is excellent, he can switch stances, he has very good combinations to the liver and to the head where he finishes it off with a low kick, just like Hoost. And he has a good high kick.

The guy looks good, still a while to go until we see him on the big stage.

He looks pretty good, but he's not a HW is he? Van Duijn fights somewhere around 80kg.

How can u call someone a HW talent if he never fougt at HW??
He is a good fighter though.

quite a few stupid posts

Aerts, Hoost, Hari, Saki, Spong, Manhoef......they all fought at lower weight classes before they fought at heavyweight......they all pretty much wrecked alot of opponents before they went up in weight

this kid is 18 years old,he will fight at heavyweight

quite a few stupid posts

Aerts, Hoost, Hari, Saki, Spong, Manhoef......they all fought at lower weight classes before they fought at heavyweight......they all pretty much wrecked alot of opponents before they went up in weight

this kid is 18 years old,he will fight at heavyweight

Ur picking the best kickboksers who ever lived in this world.
What skills had the guy to name him in the same post as Aerts, manhoef and Saki???
There are a lot of fighters doing well but it is not a guarantee that they will be top HW's

What skills had the guy to name him in the same post as Aerts, manhoef and Saki???
There are a lot of fighters doing well but it is not a guarantee that they will be top HW's

jeez, do I have to explain?

this kid is 18 years old.....his body is still not developed.....fuck nothing is really developed about this guy, he's that young

he has the frame and the age to grow into a heavy weight......all bigger fella's at a young age are brought up like that, I can name you another 20 lesser known fighters if you want to

this kid will fight at heavyweight if he continues his carreer

or did you also say that badr would never fight at heavyweigt? when he was 15/16 fought at around 80kgs people were hyping him up to be the next big thing at heavyweight

this kid has alot to prove, but he will be a heavyweight, no doubt

jeez, do I have to explain?

this kid is 18 years old.....his body is still not developed.....fuck nothing is really developed about this guy, he's that young

he has the frame and the age to grow into a heavy weight......all bigger fella's at a young age are brought up like that, I can name you another 20 lesser known fighters if you want to

this kid will fight at heavyweight if he continues his carreer

or did you also say that badr would never fight at heavyweigt? when he was 15/16 fought at around 80kgs people were hyping him up to be the next big thing at heavyweight

this kid has alot to prove, but he will be a heavyweight, no doubt

Yes explain me.
what has he done now to call him in a post with Aerts, Saki and Hari.
Dont get me wrong, the kid has skills, there are a lot of other fighters at his age that has a lot of skills, but having good skills wont make him a hw champ.

The fuck is wrong with you? Brock gave some examples of how some fighters developed in WEIGHT, not in skill. If this guy will be good or not, that remains to be seen. But considering his age and his height, he will most probably be fighting at HW in the future.

He's certainly got potential, and a lot of things to like about him. He's also got a few areas he really needs to bring up to be ready to hit big league pitching, but he IS 18. Certainly one to watch, thanks.

Yes explain me.
what has he done now to call him in a post with Aerts, Saki and Hari.
Dont get me wrong, the kid has skills, there are a lot of other fighters at his age that has a lot of skills, but having good skills wont make him a hw champ.

stop posting immediately. never go to sherdog.com again.

Back