New Connor fans after Presser

dcsoc10

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think that Conor is the UFC wonder boy right now and he's been given the golden ticket, which initially made me sick, considering how there are many great fighters who've been screwed by the UFC. I also initially thought that this was a bad match up for him and a risky move because I don't really consider Diaz a contender right now, although some people and the rankings will disagree. If he loses to Diaz he can go back down in weight and keep his belt and all will be fine... on the surface at least, but what does this do to his morale and the mindset of other fighters who he might face, as well as his image? Anyway... I never got the Diaz brother's infatuation by some people. They're both ok fighters who are edgy and seem to get under people's skin but other than that, I think their antics are more exciting than their fighting. I think the presser was interesting, Diaz was a bit taken back, this isn't normal for him or his brother but it also showed the different level of promotion ability that Conor brings and his mental game. It really is night and day with him and a wide majority of fighters. Hopefully Conor continues to back his words with his actions, I'd hate for him to go out Brock style... a big, exciting draw, who finally goes against a string of quality talent only to get thrashed and then leave the sport. Either way, I hate to admit it but I'm excited for this fight after the presser and I'm now "somewhat" of a Conor fan. But.....for some reason, I do have a bad feeling. So my prediction is Diaz in the 2nd or 3rd by submission. Hopefully for the sport's sake I'm wrong.

Last edited:
You aren't an idiot and you've seen some shit go down in MMA. You've witnessed the cycles before. You know how this ends. And that is what worries you.

is normal.

The Diaz brothers just aren't anywhere near as articulate as Conor when they speak. That is part of their appeal as they are pretty much as far away from being a company shill as it's possible to be, but Conor can reach a more wide ranging audience though as the 'badass stoner who doesn't give a fuck' will only resonate with a certain amount of people.

To be honest I think the accent helps. If Conor was American he'd be a cut-price Chael.

I was actually surprised at how restrained Nate was at the presser. He literally seemed to not give a shit what Conor was saying. I think the Diaz brothers piss their opponents off without trying. Nate and Nick want to fight and get paid, that's it. They don't give a crap for the circus that surrounds the fight. Conor on the other hand is all about the show. Not saying he isn't a great fighter but there have been plenty of great fighters in the UFC that were humble and reserved. Shit sells and Conor has truckloads of it.

Much as I enjoy watching Conor fight I really hope Nate punchs him in the face about 600 times and then chokes him out....

I think that Connor is the UFC wonder boy right now and he's been given the golden ticket, which initially made me sick, considering how there are many great fighters who've been screwed by the UFC. I also initially thought that this was a bad match up for him and a risky move because I don't really consider Diaz a contender right now, although some people and the rankings will disagree. If he loses to Diaz he can go back down in weight and keep his belt and all will be fine... on the surface at least, but what does this do to his morale and the mindset of other fighters who he might face, as well as his image? Anyway... I never got the Diaz brother's infatuation by some people. They're both ok fighters who are edgy and seem to get under people's skin but other than that, I think their antics are more exciting than their fighting. I think the presser was interesting, Diaz was a bit taken back, this isn't normal for him or his brother but it also showed the different level of promotion ability that Connor brings and his mental game. It really is night and day with him and a wide majority of fighters. Hopefully Connor continues to back his words with his actions, I'd hate for him to go out Brock style... a big, exciting draw, who finally goes against a string of quality talent only to get thrashed and then leave the sport. Either way, I hate to admit it but I'm excited for this fight after the presser and I'm now "somewhat" of a Connor fan. But.....for some reason, I do have a bad feeling. So my prediction is Diaz in the 2nd or 3rd by submission. Hopefully for the sport's sake I'm wrong.

Who is this "connor" you speak of?

I was actually surprised at how restrained Nate was at the presser. He literally seemed to not give a shit what Conor was saying. I think the Diaz brothers piss their opponents off without trying. Nate and Nick want to fight and get paid, that's it. They don't give a crap for the circus that surrounds the fight. Conor on the other hand is all about the show. Not saying he isn't a great fighter but there have been plenty of great fighters in the UFC that were humble and reserved. Shit sells and Conor has truckloads of it.

Much as I enjoy watching Conor fight I really hope Nate punchs him in the face about 600 times and then chokes him out....

Conor is just being conor. when he says he's just b eing himself. he's b eing honest. That is just who he is...

wall_of_text_1664.gif

Nice prediction and nice speech. But are you going to bet on it. If you are predicting that you could make a nice profit. I on the other hand dont see it. Conor by first round TKO

Eventually they get thrashed but this isn't the time. Against RDA? Maybe. Against Khabib? Probably. Against the top 170lbers? Most certainly. This match however is a squash match. Diaz will get beaten badly.

Welcome brother. We always have extra room on the McGregor hype train. Enjoy the ride ;)

The Diaz brothers just aren't anywhere near as articulate as Conor when they speak. That is part of their appeal as they are pretty much as far away from being a company shill as it's possible to be, but Conor can reach a more wide ranging audience though as the 'badass stoner who doesn't give a fuck' will only resonate with a certain amount of people.

To be honest I think the accent helps. If Conor was American he'd be a cut-price Chael.

You bring up a good point.. I do agree, Diaz brothers def bring a different appeal to the table

Back