New concept of TUF

I've been following Josh Hill's entire career (bias: I work in Hamilton). Josh Hill isn't a boring fighter. He's just so much better than everyone he fights that they have no answer for his takedowns.

The moment he meets someone on his level I guarantee you it will be a good scrap.

I agree about Fitch, and I like Fitch.

Hill is just boring. For someone with talent it's depressing to see him just sit in guard and land little rabbit punches. Maybe nobody has been able to stop his takedowns, but why is is guard passing and submission game so crappy?

I agree about Fitch, and I like Fitch.

Hill is just boring. For someone with talent it's depressing to see him just sit in guard and land little rabbit punches. Maybe nobody has been able to stop his takedowns, but why is is guard passing and submission game so crappy?
It's not the job of the winning fighter to take risks.

Honestly, as stupid as it seems...maybe it would be interesting if they went back to having team games and challenges and shit like they had the first season. It may be corny but it was an interesting way to get to know what each of the guys was like, how good of shape they're in, etc. I don't remember much about it aside from a distinct memory of Forrest Griffin carrying a fire hose up a staircase in some sort of race.

I agree. Most people on here hated it, but i liked how they used to have games. And I think it draws more casual fans.

I've been saying something similar for quite some time... I really dislike the rival coaches that go on to fight, but they never actually go on to fight cause someone always gets hurt anyways... I also think they change the game too much for the fighters, 2 round fights instead of 3... fighting in some cases on back to back weeks. It would suck for their personal lives to be in the house a lot longer, but it would help them actually find the best fighters. The guys that tend to to win the show don't go on to do anything in a lot of cases, because all they did was show more heart than others in the house... like with Amir and Colton... they have majorly serious flaws in their game, and other people that were on the same show as them shined brighter almost immediately. I appreciate the fact that they crown a winner for the sake of the competition, and the real point of the show is find young new talent... but at least make it mean something. If they let the fighters stay in a hotel, or even stay at home and then had the fight live i don't think it would be that bad. Worth a shot anyways. Nothing could be worse than last night's episode.

2 fights per episode. I watch TUF as a newbies tournay and an extension of the UFC so I don't really need any spice it up gimmicks.

Back