Economy New California governor, Gavin Newsome, proposes tax on drinking water

I just hope the lobotomites that voted that place into the hellscape the People's Republic is becoming don't move into a free state and fuck those too. @helltoupee I'm talking to you. Not welcome. You reap what you sow fuckers.

Guess it pays to rent in San Diego County.... where people by law do not have to pay for water utility. Seems fair that only property owners would have to pay that tax here lol
Yeah but doesn't that cost just end up in your rent? The landlord pays the taxes out of his profits not his pockets.

The left never lets a good (or bad) tax proposal go to waste.

Um, they are leaving. California has had a net loss of 1 million people moving out of the state and it's mostly the middle class. Cali is now nearly 20% poor people.

Is middle class code for Huuuuuuuuwhite?

Yeah but doesn't that cost just end up in your rent? The landlord pays the taxes out of his profits not his pockets.
Sure, but in other areas of the country the property owners could chose not pay the water and put it on the customer. They'd probably be more likely to if the taxes went up higher on the bill.

But this is for the good of humanity guys. Please believe me.

CA dems have a veto proof super majority.

Look for them to tax anything and everything.

CA dems have a veto proof super majority.

Look for them to tax anything and everything.

And fuck the rest of any pretense of civil rights they have there. I spent some awesome time in my 20s out there, and I Ieft at exactly the right time.

If Mars is ever colonized, Democrats will want to tax air.

Look up the California water wars. There are some large corporations who have used old water laws, and scooped up tons of the states water.

Good idea if based on consumption but flat tax per house is retarded.

I can see merit on including it in land tax too.

All that said it really depends on if it was never clean or if it was who fucked it up.

The only reason you can still breathe for free, is because Democrats haven't figured out a way to tax it yet.

Luckily Republicans have figured out how to allow people to pollute the air for free.

Not that simple.

Landlords don't earn a set return. They charge what they can based on demand. If their costs go up and demand remains constant, it lowers their return.
Higher ownership costs would generally increase rental demand but it's far from a 1 to 1 relationship nor is it immediate.

It's a stable of economics, but every so often political parties like to pretend it's not true. Conservative government of Australia is currently playing dumb on this right now, pisses me off.

It's California so is anybody really surprised? Fuck it...tax your citizens until there is nothing left. Sure, $10/year here isn't a big deal, but once the citizens are used to this tax they'll just create another $10/year tax, while the current one goes up to $12/year. Fucking shit is absurd and especially so with a state which claims that it's so rich. If it were so rich this problem would have been addressed within the current budget and a new tax on the citizens wouldn't be necessary.

I just hope the lobotomites that voted that place into the hellscape the People's Republic is becoming don't move into a free state and fuck those too. @helltoupee I'm talking to you. Not welcome. You reap what you sow fuckers.

I'm not allowed to vote, and even if I could, you haven't been paying attention much if you think I've ever insisted that the democrats are much better than the alternatives.

And besides, the governor is white. Better make sure to exclude this one from your little carved out piece of paradise.

In any society short of Utopia there are almost an infinite number of societal imperfections, which in turn provides Democrats with an for an infinite number of justifications for taxation. You can be sure they'll use every justification every chance they get.

The thing I never understand this is if Californians love taxes so much, great, they can keep voting in democrats until the rate is 100%. But why they hell do they insist on inflicting tax and spend Democrats on everyone else at the Federal level?

And to the guy that made a crack about "flyover county", you're the reason Trump is President. And they'll vote for him again just to show your condescending ass the finger.

Not that simple.

Landlords don't earn a set return. They charge what they can based on demand. If their costs go up and demand remains constant, it lowers their return.
Higher ownership costs would generally increase rental demand but it's far from a 1 to 1 relationship nor is it immediate.

It's a stable of economics, but every so often political parties like to pretend it's not true. Conservative government of Australia is currently playing dumb on this right now, pisses me off.

By mystery of Google this article was just suggested for me.
https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2019/01/coalition-roll-negative-gearing-rent-lies/

Explains these relations in more detail than I could be bothered to.

People are actually so fucking stupid they think water is mainly used for drinking?

Women today with low moral values boil it to scald their colleagues on purpose in 3rd world countries.

Medieval people are much better they boil you alive in oil.

Back