New breed really?

I don't really consider JDS and Cain as the "new breed". it's a term that is mostly used when talking about guys like Jordan Mein, Rory Macdonald, Michael McDonald and those really young dudes who pick MMA up as a whole at toddler age.

Was the Testarossa really better then a 599 GTO is? I mean fighters evolve as long as their bodies can keep up (in different timeframes). And furthermore, isn

Last edited:
They couldn't do shit to Cain with their BJJ. Hence Cain = more well rounded. Say something when Cain is getting completely outgrappled. You have nothing to stand on. Just hating right?

lol. Which part of my post made you think I was hating on Cain?

Stop living in past, dude. Both fighters smash "prime" Fedor and Nog and are definitely well-rounded.

I kind of agree.

I don't see anything special in this "new breed" of fighters.

Can modern Cain beat prime Fedor? Sure it's possible, but is he on another level of fighting? Fuck no.

Like Jones, sure he beat up the older versions of Shogun and Rampage, and probably would have beaten them in their primes as well, but he isn't some super powered "new breed" fighter like people try to make him out to be.

"New breed" fighters was a corny term made up to describe newer fighters who were beating the older fighters, when what should have been said was that the older fighters were out of their prime and should retire, not that these new fighters are ultra amazing.

I guess Cain needs to get beaten nearly to death for the whole fight and land a hail may submission at the end big nog style to be considered well rounded right ts?

PRIDE for LIFE. Get it right, sucka!

The two top HW's today (2013) are Cain and JDS they still haven't shown the well roundedness of Fedor, Nog 2003, why do people keep saying the sport has passed Fedor?

No, they just got old!

Why are people still bringing up Fedor all the time? He's not old, he just started getting beaten by everyone at the top. What age did he retire, 34? You must be ten if you think that's old. *cough cough hendo

Well rounded or not, Cain is the better fighter.

The two top HW's today (2013) are Cain and JDS they still haven't shown the well roundedness of Fedor, Nog 2003, why do people keep saying the sport has passed Fedor?

No, they just got old!

To me, the biggest difference in the new HWs and the old HWs is the new HWs are bigger than the old heavies (many of whom could make 205), yet are still skilled. Before, the GIANTS that competed were generally entirely unskilled. Now the HUGE guys are also actually mixed martial artists too so that size matters.

Fedor and Nog are giving up a lot of mass to the big heavies of today, and the big heavies of today also have some skill.

Because he chooses not to. Well-roundedness has nothing to do with your fighting style.

Technically sharp kickboxing? Check. Good wrestling? Check. Effective ground and pound? Check. Relentless pace and gas tank? Check and check. Well-rounded? Check.

The "Cain is a one-dimensional wrestler" myth needs to be put to rest. Because it is a lie.

Cain is 2-dimensional IMO.

Fedor fought 3-dimensionally.

He's already beaten Big Nog, Big Foot, and JDS. All bjj black belts. This shit is getting stupid. I hope he smashes Werdum to shut you guys up.

Yeah....but he never really grappled with then. Bigfoot really isnt that credible of a bb

I guess Cain needs to get beaten nearly to death for the whole fight and land a hail may submission at the end big nog style to be considered well rounded right ts?

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

MMA isn't about just well roundedness, it's about effectiveness above all else. JDS and Cain are both more effective with their styles than Fedor and Nog were.

LOL.

I throw up a little every time I read "new breed".

It hurts my feeling to say that Cain would probably finish Fedor decisively I think. Not everyone likes going for subs BTW, however it doesn't mean they can't do them.

Comparing the top guys from each era isn't the best way to judge this.

Or at least compare the #5, #10, and #15 HW from then and now with each other as well to make a more thorough comparison.

I can remember in the '90s hearing quite a bit of talk about how the athletes of that era were superior to previous ones. At the time I believed it. Nearly two decades later when I watch the majority of these professionals compete they do not strike me as far and away better. Its just a different batch of stars in my eyes.

Could a prime Don Frye really fuck some dudes up in the UFC today? You betcha.

The new breed is over rated. Only the new fans actually believe that bs. If Cain and JDS are better than Fedor / CroCop it's only by a very small margin.

Back