New breed really?

Fujita

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The two top HW's today (2013) are Cain and JDS they still haven't shown the well roundedness of Fedor, Nog 2003, why do people keep saying the sport has passed Fedor?

No, they just got old!

Cain is incredibly well-rounded actually. TS has never seen him fight obviously.

sorry dude but coming from a huge pride and fedor fan i don't think fedor could have kept up with cain's pace. now i'm not saying fedor would definitely lose because he's got ko power as well as fantastic throws, and cain's chin probably isn't the best, neither is his bottom game, but cain is a whole different monster when compared to fujita, crocop, nog, whatever.

Not as well rounded, debatable. Would I pick Cain/JDS to beat both Fedor/Big Nog, definitely.

Incredibly? I haven't seem him slap on submissions from his back or top..

Because he chooses not to. Well-roundedness has nothing to do with your fighting style.

Technically sharp kickboxing? Check. Good wrestling? Check. Effective ground and pound? Check. Relentless pace and gas tank? Check and check. Well-rounded? Check.

The "Cain is a one-dimensional wrestler" myth needs to be put to rest. Because it is a lie.

I don't see much improvement either. The talent pool is deeper for sure but not in terms of overall skills.

Before JDS lost to Cain we all bought into his 'great' ground game which turned out to be a fallacy and until I see Cain work from the bottom fending and pulling off submissions we can't really compare him to Fedor.

I'd say Cain's pretty damn well rounded, and I think JDS would smash a prime Nog. His TDD is just on another level, even Cain had to just wear him down more than take him down.

I guess Cain needs to get beaten nearly to death for the whole fight and land a hail may submission at the end big nog style to be considered well rounded right ts?

Because he chooses not to. Well-roundedness has nothing to do with your fighting style.

Technically sharp kickboxing? Check. Good wrestling? Check. Effective ground and pound? Check. Relentless pace and gas tank? Check and check. Well-rounded? Check.

The "Cain is a one-dimensional wrestler" myth needs to be put to rest. Because it is a lie.

In the JDS fight he tried and failed miserably lol

not that well rounded maybe, but in a higher level for sure

In what way is Cain not well rounded?

Prime vs prime I would pick Cain to put a beating on Fedor and Nog.

JDS is an absolute beast who doesn't need to be well rounded, its not his game and I would also pick him to beat Fedor and Nog.

Those two are just on a different level.

They are well rounded...Cain has good boxing and wrestling.

But I do have to say that taking a fight like JDS vs Cain 2.....and comparing it vs a Barnett vs Nog 1 from OWGP?? The Barnett/Nog fight showed more skill

I don't see much improvement either. The talent pool is deeper for sure but not in terms of overall skills.

Before JDS lost to Cain we all bought into his 'great' ground game which turned out to be a fallacy and until I see Cain work from the bottom fending and pulling off submissions we can't really compare him to Fedor.

He's already beaten Big Nog, Big Foot, and JDS. All bjj black belts. This shit is getting stupid. I hope he smashes Werdum to shut you guys up.

He's already beaten Big Nog, Big Foot, and JDS. All bjj black belts. This shit is getting stupid. I hope he smashes Werdum to shut you guys up.

Put those fights in context Daniel-son. You seem rustled not everyone agrees with you.

Put those fights in context Daniel-son. You seem rustled not everyone agrees with you.

They couldn't do shit to Cain with their BJJ. Hence Cain = more well rounded. Say something when Cain is getting completely outgrappled. You have nothing to stand on. Just hating right?

This particular UFC marketing device certainly brings out the butthurt.

Back