new boxers? it is a stupid question, but...

you answered it in another thread: my original ?

but okay let me ask me you something the TS could use.

Your opinion on extra long wraps....i saw your thread about getting your wrists stronger. Now that I've moved to hitting the bag a little I have soreness (no pain) and have been thinking of moving to longer wraps until I start sharpening my technique.

I noticed Glenn Johnson uses really long wraps.

suggestions?

you answered it in another thread.

but okay let me ask me you something the TS could use.

Your opinion on extra long wraps....i saw your thread about getting them stronger. Now that I've moved to hitting the bag a little I have soreness (no pain) and have been thinking of moving to longer wraps until I start getting rid of the rust.

I noticed Glenn Johnson uses really long wraps.

suggestions?

Personally, I dont like the longer wraps, but I know a lot of people do. No use suffering through pain if you dont have to though. If it helps you, then go for it.

Personally, I dont like the longer wraps, but I know a lot of people do. No use suffering through pain if you dont have to though. If it helps you, then go for it.

yea...not suffering just sore. Sometimes I wonder if the long wraps will give me a false sense of security ya know?

yea...not suffering just sore. Sometimes I wonder if the long wraps will give me a false sense of security ya know?

Why would it give you a false sense of security? If it protects your hands, it protects your hands.

Why would it give you a false sense of security? If it protects your hands, it protects your hands.

you're right...i am overthinking this.

my thought was if i hit a bag wrong with shorter wraps i'll feel it right away. if i have extra wraps on and don't feel it and think i must be hitting it right because im not feeling anything.

I know I need to get into a gym however im coming back from an injury and not cleared to go 100% yet. But im aching to get back in so been hitting the bag a bit. So so so frustrating.

Back