New BJJ Blue Belt vs National Champ Judo Black Belt?

Hard to see from the cell phone capture, and from my memory. but as I was coming on top he slid my leg leg across his belly. he basically had a "half guard" on my folded knee where my knee is pinned and my ankle and shin are being compressed and pushed up, if that makes sense. basically picture a twisting and compression motion that would tear/stretch your ACL (like if you are sitting in a chair, and you cross your ankle over your opposite knee. now picture that crossed ankle being compressed in and twist up towards your chest).

At least now I know what I will be for a halloween since I am walking like a pirate!

Yeah that's exactly what my coach does, its kind of a low percentage submission because there is not a lot of leverage, its basically pitting the rear leg muscles against the quads and the knee joint, which there is not a lot of strength difference (past the natural posture).

My coach does it a lot as a gimmick move against many lighter students, but he has never tapped me with it, its kind of like that leglock done against people who close the legs when they have the back. If he was truly a national judo champ i could understand the strength difference.

kenny, he is my judo coach.

Chino, you were in the 50/50 but from the look of it you were trying to pass with your leg laced up.

Sorry to hear about your knee, hope it heals soon.

This kind of thing is why I don't like belt divisions - belts mean too many things. Having divisions based on experience (general grappling experience) makes a lot more sense. If for instance a college level wrestler goes against BJJ folks with six to eight years experience he'll lose at first, but he'll catch on quick, and no one will get hurt. Having the same guy going against white belts and he's likely to hurt someone unintentionally just because they don't know how to move like grapplers yet, how to react so you don't get hurt.

kenny, he is my judo coach.

Chino, you were in the 50/50 but from the look of it you were trying to pass with your leg laced up.

Pardon my ignorance, but my entire leg was above his legs, with just the folded portion of my knee pinned together by his knees. With out the legs crossed (intertwining ) is this still 50/50?

Anywyas just going off what the ref and my coach said, so whatever. As soon as I'm healed I'm going back stronger, period

Back