New big poll confirmed that most MMA fans think Jon Jones is the GOAT.

Bigger than Sherdog's shitty poll lmao
Difference being if you actually create a sherdog account you’re most likely an mma fan. That poll was open to everyone. Even those passing through who recognized a name, “oh, I know him” & voted.

Last edited:
I understand there are some fans that have watched longer and It was just exaggeration. I'm saying the majority of fans who voted in that poll were probably not hardcore fans but fans that came about thru the tuff series etc and have never even seen pride or any other org. Even Jon's wins back then were not really great. Against again guys at the down side of thier careers etc. Shogun.. Not prime shogun.. Ufc shogun.. Beat machida 2 times in a row really as the first fight was a robbery. I would bet even most of them never saw GSP's rise let alone guys like Fedor. Jon is a hw fighting 205 guys and 185 guys. Gus was never really great. I think Jon is a good fighter but when the ufc say.. Oh he hasn't lost in almost a decade... They leave out that he didn't fight for how many years in that decade? It's kinda like how they do gsp, even tho he was retired for a long stint in between his time as champ and Bisping..

Bit of revised history. All the champs Jones beat only lost to recent champs.

Guys like Rashad and Machida had no other losses.

As far as the Shogun myth. The night Jones beat him into submission, was the best Shogun to ever fight

Jones 1 and GSP 2 sounds right. Hard to argue against their results.

Bit of revised history. All the champs Jones beat only lost to recent champs.

Guys like Rashad and Machida had no other losses.

As far as the Shogun myth. The night Jones beat him into submission, was the best Shogun to ever fight

What???????

I do think Jones seems like the best ever but do consider how far his status could change if he'd go on to lose 2 fights in a row now.
I think it's a bit early to throw out GOAT titles while guys are still in the prime, cause it's so easy to rate them highly and then take it all back as soon as you seem them start to lose.
I could post gifs of George and the others getting their shit kicked in, you can’t do that with Jones.
It is true. Jones has barely even been rocked.
Most other candidates have been badly rocked or beaten at some point.

However - it's unfair to focus on losses when comparing current prime fighters to older generations who've been around long enough to start losing and looking bad.

I understand there are some fans that have watched longer and It was just exaggeration. I'm saying the majority of fans who voted in that poll were probably not hardcore fans but fans that came about thru the tuff series etc and have never even seen pride or any other org. Even Jon's wins back then were not really great. Against again guys at the down side of thier careers etc. Shogun.. Not prime shogun.. Ufc shogun.. Beat machida 2 times in a row really as the first fight was a robbery. I would bet even most of them never saw GSP's rise let alone guys like Fedor. Jon is a hw fighting 205 guys and 185 guys. Gus was never really great. I think Jon is a good fighter but when the ufc say.. Oh he hasn't lost in almost a decade... They leave out that he didn't fight for how many years in that decade? It's kinda like how they do gsp, even tho he was retired for a long stint in between his time as champ and Bisping..

If people can watch him the last five years though and think GOAT, that's nothing compared to the crazy stuff he was doing in 2012 and 2012.

Shogun was 29 years old and the champ. When he lost let's not pretend all the Pride fans who are supposedly so sophisticated didn't think he was the GOAT. First fight was not a roberry it was a close decision.

"Gus was never that great".

And yeah you should check and see Jones fought once every year from 2014 to 2018. He did not take a hiatus he kept trying to come back and shit kept happening. Jones fought almost 20 times this decade and unlike the Pride system those were the best of the best.

Youve seriously been watching mma for 12 years???

Do you think fighters are not taking peds?

When do you believe that started?
No, i do not think fighters are not taking peds. I just think that fighters like Jones are geting away with it because he sells PPV's. I mean FFS, Dana is trying to overturn a DQ for throwing 12-6 elbows on a handicapped person.

No, i do not think fighters are not taking peds. I just think that fighters like Jones are geting away with it because he sells PPV's. I mean FFS, Dana is trying to overturn a DQ for throwing 12-6 elbows on a handicapped person.
Lmao.
Handicapped?
Dude, Hamil would kill anyone one of us in a fight.

From my understanding usada, arbitration and state athletic commissions are finding him "not guilty".

Who cares, as long as we see great fights

Sherdog is a very biased pool. It is no surprise. Most open pools have Jones as Goat. Truth is, plenty of posters on here are utterly delusional

Who is we? When i see a Jon Jones fight, i don't see a "great fight" I see a steroid pos that crashes into preganant women while driving under drugs and flea's the scene not giving a flying fuck about the people he crashed into. Thats a POS. I can't get behind that, sorry, but you are a POS as well.
It’s really ironic calling other posters POS because they have a different view of a fighter.

If you’re excluding steroid use, that list is pretty good.

I’d have Aldo in there and MM above Cormier, but Fedor definitely out of the top 5. Something like:

Jones*
GSP
Anderson*
MM
Aldo
DC
Fedor

Who is we? When i see a Jon Jones fight, i don't see a "great fight" I see a steroid pos that crashes into preganant women while driving under drugs and flea's the scene not giving a flying fuck about the people he crashed into. Thats a POS. I can't get behind that, sorry, but you are a POS as well.

Sounds like you got some seriously unresolved issues going if thats what consumes you when watching a cage fighter beat another man up.

Good luck with those

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back