New Beaulieu Horsehair Gloves

saw those posted on Facebook this morning. he's wanting a little more for these then his other model gloves, but totally understandable.

like I said if he brought it down to 180-200 I could see people buying it, but I think its moderately too expensive imo.

like I said if he brought it down to 180-200 I could see people buying it, but I think its moderately too expensive imo.

ya definitely too expensive, at least for the little amount of customization that he's allowing for them.

well its not that cuz horsehair is horsehair, might as well go regular foam from Beaulieu but its just the price imo. I don't know im not saying anything negative until someone gets them. They look very pretty, very old school.

Its just the price is even a bit much for me. And I buy a TON of gear.

well its not that cuz horsehair is horsehair, might as well go regular foam from Beaulieu but its just the price imo. I don't know im not saying anything negative until someone gets them. They look very pretty, very old school.

Its just the price is even a bit much for me. And I buy a TON of gear.

no question, it's WAY out of my price range haha. If I had that much for gloves I'd splurge on some winnings haha.

Very nice work topboxer!

I inserted a few comparison photos. The grey are Dan Mosby made Beaulieu gloves.

Edit: Forgot to ask, what size is the topboxer gloves pictured? The gloves I have are 12 oz.

thanks a lot...
these are 18 oz

Nice gloves indeed. Though the price is a bit steep to be honest...

Probably a dumb newbie question, but will these have similar padding as shevlins or is it actual horse hair like in certain fight gloves and they simply look like shevlins?

Me when I heard the price:

tumblr_lkwn39yE8Y1qbmxomo1_400.gif

Just went through my old emails to see how much I paid for my Shevlins:

September 9th 2009
16 oz, full custom, straight from Mona
$97 shipped

Similar gloves, straight from Pakistan, for $250? Seriously?

Shihtzu, I've seen you mention the cost vs mark up of Pakistani made gloves. what do you think the profit percentage is on these?

Just went through my old emails to see how much I paid for my Shevlins:

September 9th 2009
16 oz, full custom, straight from Mona
$97 shipped

Similar gloves, straight from Pakistan, for $250? Seriously?

Shihtzu, I've seen you mention the cost vs mark up of Pakistani made gloves. what do you think the profit percentage is on these?

Don't even ask, my friend...

These gloves cost like a pair Flores PLUS a pair of Shevlin used to cost. Both were made in States, these in Pakistan. I do not say these gloves don't look nice (though to my eyes not quite equal to Flores imo), but 250 directly from Pakistan from the manufacturer? When I saw the price I couldn't believe my eyes. 250 bucks!!!

Last edited:
Yup, very expensive, I think $175 would have been a good price. $250 is Winning territory which nobody wants to pay for something that's not Winning, and I don't see many of us taking a gamble and picking up a pair at that price. My friend is likely to buy a pair though, so will have to see what he gets when it arrives/if he does go through with the order.

Probably a dumb newbie question, but will these have similar padding as shevlins or is it actual horse hair like in certain fight gloves and they simply look like shevlins?

Fight gloves are a combination of modern foam and horsehair, shevlin was purely horsehair substitute. These gloves are alike to Shevlin

Last edited:
Yup, very expensive, I think $175 would have been a good price. $250 is Winning territory which nobody wants to pay for something that's not Winning, and I don't see many of us taking a gamble and picking up a pair at that price. My friend is likely to buy a pair though, so will have to see what he gets when it arrives/if he does go through with the order.

Fight gloves are a combination of modern foam and horsehair, shevlin was purely horsehair substitute. These gloves are alike to Shevlin

GUYS!!! GUYS!!!!.... Once again somenone is trying to take us to the cleaners. I'm pretty shure you can get Juan to order you some 12oz boxeos W/ welted seams in maroon for around a buck twenty. The ones I have are actually smaller more compact than my 10oz grants. And while being smaller they are way more protective. and the leather quality is = to if not greater than grant. Only single stitched but zero problems from like three plus months of use.

BTW- SHEVLIN stuffed their gloves with cotton/synthetic fibers. It stuffs like horse hair but wont clump together and get hard like horse/animal hair. The Shevlin gloves are great for sparring but I dont think I would order them in anything but 16oz or above. Custom Amur-ican made gloves for around a bill !!??

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COMEBACK SHEVLIN, COMEBAAACK:icon_sad:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GUYS!!! GUYS!!!!.... Once again somenone is trying to take us to the cleaners. I'm pretty shure you can get Juan to order you some 12oz boxeos W/ welted seams in maroon for around a buck twenty. The ones I have are actually smaller more compact than my 10oz grants. And while being smaller they are way more protective. and the leather quality is = to if not greater than grant. Only single stitched but zero problems from like three plus months of use.

BTW- SHEVLIN stuffed their gloves with cotton/synthetic fibers. It stuffs like horse hair but wont clump together and get hard like horse/animal hair. The Shevlin gloves are great for sparring but I dont think I would order them in anything but 16oz or above. Custom Amur-ican made gloves for around a bill !!??

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COMEBACK SHEVLIN, COMEBAAACK:icon_sad:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I really dig the boxeos too. thanks STratorific!

Back