New Beaulieu Horsehair Gloves

Minowafanatic

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Based on Flores/Mosby patterns, Topboxer is now able to create oldschool horsehair boxing gloves for training purposes. Now the only gloves of their kind since Shevlin closed.

A few preliminary photos

1236962_374844292649645_2026900750_n.jpg

29611_374844429316298_475289936_n.jpg

1239600_374844339316307_79215988_n.jpg

Loved the Mosby made mitts Ive had, and the padding on the Shevlins, so very interested in these.

Wow so what you are saying is I should get a pair of these...so when someone breaks out their everlast 29.99 specials I can pull these out and goto town?

God I love that color btw.

Wow so what you are saying is I should get a pair of these...so when someone breaks out their everlast 29.99 specials I can pull these out and goto town?

God I love that color btw.

My exact thoughts.

Although I still might not because I truly believe in my skill and talent. So I dont know, even if somebody pulls off everlasts i might still use my winnings

Yeah for you GB I can see it now... Shoulder roll the opponents jab, followed by your lead right hand right to the jaw with the horsehair Beaulieu!

Yeah for you GB I can see it now... Shoulder roll the opponents jab, followed by your lead right hand right to the jaw with the horsehair Beaulieu!

Lol. The most common mistake with the shoulder roll defence is trying to roll the jab.

Rolling the jab is a no-no. The jab is a punch you catch. not roll.

Horsehair gloves don't have to be puncher's gloves, that is a misconception. They can be very protective, too

edit: well, I mean for YOUR hands. Not saying they are going to be especially nice to be hit by

Last edited:
well, with the Mosby-made horsehair bag mitts I had, I sold those to a friend and still borrow them and use them occasionally. Only a year old but still they've been used plenty and there's no difference to how the padding feels. Think maybe kshaft, as he used to own Flores, and rskbreaker too could attest to that, and people never seemed to complain about how Shevlins held up though I didn't keep my pair of those gloves long enough to see (bought from kshaft).

well, with the Mosby-made horsehair bag mitts I had, I sold those to a friend and still borrow them and use them occasionally. Only a year old but still they've been used plenty and there's no difference to how the padding feels. Think maybe kshaft, as he used to own Flores, and rskbreaker too could attest to that, and people never seemed to complain about how Shevlins held up though I didn't keep my pair of those gloves long enough to see (bought from kshaft).

Sounds good. I believe the horsehair gloves, if they are padded heavily, could last well for sparring and on mitts.

Also (but I have used only horsehair fight gloves - Reyes and Top Ten), they are damn comfortable.

Lol. The most common mistake with the shoulder roll defence is trying to roll the jab.

Rolling the jab is a no-no. The jab is a punch you catch. not roll.

I don't roll bro! Like I said I don't know shit about rolling lmao, point proven.

I peek-a-boo.

Horsehair gloves don't have to be puncher's gloves, that is a misconception. They can be very protective, too

edit: well, I mean for YOUR hands. Not saying they are going to be especially nice to be hit by

Ah, my Rival RFX guerreros were 100% a puncher's glove. But yeah if its made in a different style I can see them being protective. I did like how horsehair felt on the punches!

Based on Flores/Mosby patterns, Topboxer is now able to create oldschool horsehair boxing gloves for training purposes. Now the only gloves of their kind since Shevlin closed.

A few preliminary photos

1236962_374844292649645_2026900750_n.jpg

29611_374844429316298_475289936_n.jpg

1239600_374844339316307_79215988_n.jpg

Loved the Mosby made mitts Ive had, and the padding on the Shevlins, so very interested in these.

Very nice work topboxer!

I inserted a few comparison photos. The grey are Dan Mosby made Beaulieu gloves.

Edit: Forgot to ask, what size is the topboxer gloves pictured? The gloves I have are 12 oz.

Last edited:
Great comparison Dan! Thanks!

These gloves look nice indeed.

damn, maybe he will drop the price to 180-200 eventually.

they look awesome, not sure id buy them for 250 bucks though.

Gloves look unique, I love the old school flavor, but for $250 I don't know. Winning is the hierarchy of boxing and for just a few more dollars I could have Winning shipped to my door. Price is just a little steep, But i'm sure the quality is outstanding.

Back