New Article: Explosive Conditioning for MMA

No that was actually Matt Hume in the pics that got put up but I'm in plenty of other photos he took just not the ones that got posted. We're going to have a film crew in here Thursday morning shooting Jens Pulver and Spencer Fisher's workout though so it should be up on my site next week sometime, make sure to check it out.

i need a good at home workout! i have no weights, and i cant run cuz the weather here is in the 20s all the time so im kinda screwed. i mainly just do a PT test of push ups and sit ups but im thinking i need to do more than that. so can anyone help me with a good at home workout that involves muscle strenght and cardio? im in great shape and id like to keep it that, but till i can get a job im stuck here for now. help anyone?!

Thanks

Hi Eza, just joining the admirers of your work, great stuff. i wonder if your website is up or if your book is coming out soon?
Thanks

Yes I have a website up now, you can check it out at Welcome to 8 Weeks Out I'll also have a book coming out by the end of March and it should be available for pre order by the end of this week.

Thank you very much, i am really exited to read your stuff, i soaked up what you wrote and i also incorporate the ideas from crossfit into my training, but i try to make it more sport specific.
Thanks a lot

No problem, glad you enjoyed the article. You will really enjoy the book, there's going to be a ton of great information in there.

It's not about the exercises, it's about how you use them. You can't judge the value of a program just by looking at the exercise, the same exercise can improve performance or it can totally screw it up. Think methods and adaptations before you consider exercise selection.

This is great. I've been working with a trainer on developing a 6 day a week training program for strength and conditioning. I currently have allotted Mondays and Thursdays to intense cardio, Tuesdays and Fridays to strength development and Wednesday and Saturday to power development. So far I have good programs for weight training and cardio though I've been looking for a good plyometric training program to add for my power training. I see that you're essentially working up to doing tabata in plyometrics, which makes sense. I'm going to add this workout to my training.

One question though. Following this program you work up to a fight starting 3 months out and building towards your peak for the fight. How would you go about maintaining a level of conditioning between fights?

Thanks for the info...

hey thanks for the article it was great that will definitely help me out thanks

Bump because if you haven't read this thread, you should if, you have any interest in the physiology of conditioning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back