Social New APA Guidelines for raising Boys: Masculinity = harmful

If you need the APA to tell you how to raise your kid you probably already failed.

i was raised by the APA and i turned out fine

11wdill.jpg

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but that is neither here nor there, the point is that @NoDak offered his personal experience, and I offered the example of a supremely bad motherfucker implying that dominating another man sexually is the ultimate way to demonstrate superiority (not that @NoDak was in any way talking about raping somebody).

I think having anal sex with a woman makes one feel powerful, and I have discussed this with friends over the years who have also stated that it makes them, universally, feel powerful. Anal sex is not something I have ever discussed with gay male friends or gay male family members, but it isn't a surprise to hear that homosexual anal sex makes homosexual/bisexual males feel powerful. It would be interesting to hear the experience of lesbians who use strap-ons to have anal sex with their female partners while we are at it.

Overall though it seem that you just have a problem with homosexuals and homsexual behavior.

The only thing I was saying is that there isn't anything tangibly feminine about dude sex: literally, flat out, and for obvious reasons. People think and suggest otherwise in metaphorical terms when applying gender norms ("girls are the ones who fucked, etc") but that's all they are. The masculine comment was really more ironic than anything and not the flat statement he recalls it to have been.

It's definitely powerful but not in such an overt "make someone your bitch" hyperaggressive prison culture sort of way, we're trying to shed that kind of thinking and the insecurities it creates. It isn't about belittling or disparaging people (unless they're into that, but it's a turn off personally). I'm pretty sure Mike is bisexual anyway too, but that's neither here nor there.

I've kept my finger on the pulse over the years don't you worry about that!! And after reading some of the study, it's full of pseudo scientific buzz phrases and other such nonsense.

You still haven't given me a source for your 2007 reference, and you haven't addressed anything I said other than trying to camouflage the intent behind the study.

You didn't read shit, lol.

It's not a study. It's therapeutic guidelines and the reasoning. And the source for the 2007 reference is literally in the guidelines. You don't have to go past the first substantive page before they reference it...which is how I know that you haven't read anything.

I'm also certain that you don't keep your finger on the pulse of anything substantive over the years. You might read gotcha headlines here and there but I seriously doubt you're reading publications or even something entry level (like Psychology Today or similar magazines).

The more we have this exchange, the more I understand victimhood culture. People see a headline and immediately argue that they or some characteristic of themselves is being attacked. They make no attempt to understand what is being discussed, the very fact that a discussion is occurring is enough to push them into an illogical self-defense cycle.

It is possible that one can think the first should be treated with great caution, and the second is abusive. "Non-permanent" has no bearing on whether it has any efficacy or not.

Not in this case.

Overall though it seem that you just have a problem with homosexuals and homosexual behavior.

He definitely finds gay people disgusting in general and that's fine but to be fair, he's specifically stated that it's a bisexual thing he disdains most based on various notions (and negative stereotypes) he has. It isn't an archaic view either, we really are hated by large segments of both greater 'hetero society' and the LG community. There's no place for us, so most just go into indistinguishable hetero mode and don't disclose it. The latter in particular abhors that, it's viewed as a privilege. But it's also why a lot of people have such poor mental health outcomes.

www.independent.co.uk/life-style/bisexual-people-mental-health-risk-lgbt-heterosexual-issue-a7933806.html%3famp
Bisexual people experience more discrimination that other members in LGBT communities don’t, a new study has revealed.

Whilst previous studies have shown that bisexual people are more at risk of experiencing anxiety, depression and suicidal thoughts, this new study published in Prevention Science, found that these risks are exacerbated because bisexual people feel as if they don’t belong in any one community.

“Bisexual people face double discrimination in multiple settings — bisexual people are often invisible, rejected, invalidated, [and] stigmatised in the heterosexual community as well as the traditional LGBT communities,” explained lead study author Ethan Mereish.

“Given that isolation and discrimination, bi people might be experiencing increase factors that might make them more lonely or isolated,” the professor told NBC News.

In worst-case scenarios, this overriding sense of discrimination and ostracism can lead to poor mental health and suicidal thoughts.

In terms of addressing the problem, Mereish and his team believe that more should be done to distinguish bisexual people from other LGBT members, giving them a singular identity that can subsequently allow their mental health to be understood exclusively.

Just cause you're masculine doesn't mean you can't show emotions. I've seen plenty of dudes that fall in line with that super hyped up "trope" weep like little kids at funerals and shit like that when you're supposed to.

I'd argue that traditional masculinity isn't about repressing your emotions, it's about keeping them under control. I mean we would never have gotten to where we are as a species without that. APA is just another institution that has been hijacked by SJWs.

Masculinity according to this bald bastard. The condensed version.

Keep your shit together in the face of adversity. Emotions come once the crisis is over at a higher cost.

As well, if masculinity is toxic why not have all these threatening boys gelded and be done with the charade?

Then we can replace outward aggression, with passive-aggression - have a cadre of back biting, manipulative, slanderous, stab-you-in-the-back worms. YES! WE DID IT!

s0208.gif

They need to change their terminology... masculinity =/= being a unfeeling asshole.

The fact that they correlate those terms is a real problem.

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but that is neither here nor there, the point is that @NoDak offered his personal experience, and I offered the example of a supremely bad motherfucker implying that dominating another man sexually is the ultimate way to demonstrate superiority (not that @NoDak was in any way talking about raping somebody).

I think having anal sex with a woman makes one feel powerful, and I have discussed this with friends over the years who have also stated that it makes them, universally, feel powerful. Anal sex is not something I have ever discussed with gay male friends or gay male family members, but it isn't a surprise to hear that homosexual anal sex makes homosexual/bisexual males feel powerful. It would be interesting to hear the experience of lesbians who use strap-ons to have anal sex with their female partners while we are at it.

Overall though it seem that you just have a problem with homosexuals and homsexual behavior.

I wouldn’t say I have much of a problem with it but I think we should be allowed to make fun of it.

Judging people is fun....that’s why approximately 100% of people do it in one form or another.

Correct. That's what the GIF says.

edit: dang, somehow that second image got mangled. Kind of screws the whole thing. Dammit.

Just cause you're masculine doesn't mean you can't show emotions. I've seen plenty of dudes that fall in line with that super hyped up "trope" weep like little kids at funerals and shit like that when you're supposed to.

Damn, brought a tear to my eye.

Weird they used that pose of Bernard after the Pavlik fight at the beginning.

Back