New 80s style music retrowave synthwave

Dug how the marketing for Thor Ragnarok used Magic Sword. Was hoping for more synth in the Love and Thunder Trailer.

True but the version you upload here is the LP version.

This is the one that was used in the Thor trailer (with some modifications, ofc). Notice the tempo is much faster, different bass and much improved guitar play!!! I have the vinyl version of the LP and I love it, but this version is so much better!

Check out these guys!!! They re-made Death's classic album "Symbolic" but as synthwave!

It's an interesting genre but I think most of it kind of misses the feel of the real thing.

This one is legit 80s freestyle dance and could have totally been released in '88.

I was watching Season 4 of Stranger Things last night and when this song popped out of nowhere I was back in the summer of 85 (yes, I'm that old)!

Last edited:
I was watching Season 4 of Stranger Things last night and when this song popped out of nowhere I was back in the summer of 85 (yes, I'm that old)!

Great song. That guy was one of the casualties of AIDS back when it was new and a death sentence. Same with Jermaine Stewart, who had a lot more good music in him left to make.

Great song. That guy was one of the casualties of AIDS back when it was new and a death sentence.
RIP but rumor has it that McShane was just doing lip sync and fronting while Maurizio Bassi was the one who did the actual singing and basically everything, ala Milli Vanilli.

Old thread dead? Mega Drive’s 198XAD got me into it close to a decade or so ago. Still my favorite. Big fan of the “darker” style of it. Like cyber-punk in music form.

Went and saw Dance with the Dead and Magic Sword a few months ago. Great concert. Wish they had a shirt with the B-sides cover on it for sale. That shit would have sold like hotcakes imo

Last edited:
Back