Never understood people shitting on Hendricks

ScriptReadsMe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Besides 2 rounds with Lawler, Hendricks has been very entertaining to watch. I don't think I've ever seen him tentative, he's never afraid to engage. This is somewhat admirable for a fighter that is always the smaller guy in there. It's always cool to see him close distance and land combos against opponents with longer reach. He's also fought arguably the best competition.

People who shit on him, is it really just for the things he says post-fight? Why is it wrong to explain why things didn't go in his favor? Yes, Thompson was the better fighter last night. But let the man speak lol. I'm curious about the circumstances that led to the fight.

I think people shit on Johny and they don't even know why. It has become a meme of sorts or is considered the cool mainstream thing to do

Lastly, this is his first fight after leaving Team Takedown. Do you think this affected his potential for the fight?

War Hendricks

If you spit tobacco in a bottle during live interviews and press conferences, you deserve the hate.

IMGP0741.jpg

Hendricks loves to stick his head in mens crotch to stall and he just lost to a karate exhibitionist, he's done.
YJTo1iQkXA0sE.gif

R8a0s4cH1H0Qg.gif

5EopqQVZTzJ1m.gif

4ofljpMbuXB16.gif

3CwdvpPYKDLEI.gif

People just pick fighters to hate, he never did anything that bad. Nit-picky bunch here.

He technically still could have been champ if not for being robbed against Lawler,

Not to mention GSP.

Its his mouth, and the words coming out of it after a loss. I admit, I love to "hate", and this guy makes it sooo easy. Thanks Johny.

Great wrestler, and once a great KO-artist.
But time...

He just seems like a really unlikeable guy, every time he's given a chance to improve hid image he fucks up. Normally after a drubbing like he took fighters speak of wanting to get back in there asap. Instead he says he doesn't want to fight until August, its not a mentality people admire.

He just seems like a really unlikeable guy, every time he's given a chance to improve hid image he fucks up. Normally after a drubbing like he took fighters speak of wanting to get back in there asap. Instead he says he doesn't want to fight until August, its not a mentality people admire.
Well...he's a good husband/father in that aspect, can't shit on that.

Hendricks loves to stick his head in mens crotch to stall and he just lost to a karate exhibitionist, he's done.
YJTo1iQkXA0sE.gif

R8a0s4cH1H0Qg.gif

5EopqQVZTzJ1m.gif

4ofljpMbuXB16.gif

3CwdvpPYKDLEI.gif
Grow up kid, it's part of wrestling. Maybe you should consider another sport if this is too obscene for you. Badminton maybe, there's no contact there

He just has that vibe.....I don't know he rubs me the wrong way. I can't listen to him, I can't watch him...he's annoying...."do you know what I mean?""

I have always liked the guy, and I agree that the much smaller percentage of his fights/rounds is what haters focus on. But I can see how his interviews can make people feel that way. "Ya know what I'm sayin', Ya know what I'm sayin..." "I was only goin' 70%," etc. He noticeably stopped that in the last couple of interviews, but he was still stuck on "Ya know, Ya know..." I don't like the guys at AKA for similar reasons, and I realize it's not rational because there's no doubt they are badasses and have earned everything they have. The trolling Cormier and Rockhold were directing at Werdum before UFC 188 when they weren't even fighting him was obnoxious as heII.

Hey TS, he partly blames the fans for the reason he didn't getting a title shot. Out if all things he blamed he blames fans.. Think about that.

His game plan was terrible for this fight. He kept slowly plodding forward flat footed getting tagged left and right. He'll be back no doubt a loss like this one may be what he needed.

Just like Carlos after he had his first decision win of his life... Running man blah blah blah. Dude is awesome to watch. Johnny got robbed against Robbie, Robbie didn't do shit for 3 rounds then comes out on fire for the 5th round and Johnny tries to play it safe... Smart move, don't know how he lost that fight. But what ever, not everyone has to like every fighter

He's a great and exciting fighter with lots of exemplary finishes, somewhere at the top. He's however made some unfortunate comments, sounding a bit like whining and excusing, and you know how we like that..

..it's not really that we hate him, it's more that he's a bit unlucky when he opens his mouth and some of us just like to jump on that.

He would always be remembered for those mighty quick ko of some of the toughest guys. He would also be remembered for stalling on top after securing a takedown after getting lid up on his feet.

Always thought should be able to root for him his style; early was exciting. He won some decisions he didn't clearly win (Pierce , Kos) He has always whined, The first time i remember a mic in his face he sounded so entitled very off putting. Ducking stricter testing with GSP didn't help. Hasn't looked the same with each fight looks less...

It's because he is a fountain of excuses. I'm really to hear what it'll be this time

Well. He just blamed his loss on his training partners, corner, and that Wonderboy didn't want to fight lol.

Back