Never understood people shitting on Hendricks

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ScriptReadsMe, Feb 7, 2016.

1. ScriptReadsMe

ScriptReadsMe Banned Banned

Besides 2 rounds with Lawler, Hendricks has been very entertaining to watch. I don't think I've ever seen him tentative, he's never afraid to engage. This is somewhat admirable for a fighter that is always the smaller guy in there. It's always cool to see him close distance and land combos against opponents with longer reach. He's also fought arguably the best competition.

People who shit on him, is it really just for the things he says post-fight? Why is it wrong to explain why things didn't go in his favor? Yes, Thompson was the better fighter last night. But let the man speak lol. I'm curious about the circumstances that led to the fight.

I think people shit on Johny and they don't even know why. It has become a meme of sorts or is considered the cool mainstream thing to do

Lastly, this is his first fight after leaving Team Takedown. Do you think this affected his potential for the fight?

War Hendricks

olimpicus and wildchild88 like this.
  2. Fiestar

Fiestar Sean McCorkle

If you spit tobacco in a bottle during live interviews and press conferences, you deserve the hate.

[​IMG]

AWilder and punky brewster like this.
  3. Lanx

Lanx 房仕龍 Double Yellow Card

Hendricks loves to stick his head in mens crotch to stall and he just lost to a karate exhibitionist, he's done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stinger911, Alanf7, RoninJin and 2 others like this.
  4. wildchild88

wildchild88 Purple Belt

People just pick fighters to hate, he never did anything that bad. Nit-picky bunch here.

He technically still could have been champ if not for being robbed against Lawler,

Not to mention GSP.

RJK likes this.
  5. yellowishtint

yellowishtint Whipping Belt

Its his mouth, and the words coming out of it after a loss. I admit, I love to "hate", and this guy makes it sooo easy. Thanks Johny.

Great wrestler, and once a great KO-artist.
    But time...

6. B-Man

B-Man Black Belt

He just seems like a really unlikeable guy, every time he's given a chance to improve hid image he fucks up. Normally after a drubbing like he took fighters speak of wanting to get back in there asap. Instead he says he doesn't want to fight until August, its not a mentality people admire.

Ironman70.3 and Lemmy like this.
  7. yellowishtint

yellowishtint Whipping Belt

Well...he's a good husband/father in that aspect, can't shit on that.

Which Doctor and ScriptReadsMe like this.
  8. ScriptReadsMe

ScriptReadsMe Banned Banned

Grow up kid, it's part of wrestling. Maybe you should consider another sport if this is too obscene for you. Badminton maybe, there's no contact there

yellowishtint likes this.
  9. Boomb

Boomb Hate the game, not the player.

He just has that vibe.....I don't know he rubs me the wrong way. I can't listen to him, I can't watch him...he's annoying...."do you know what I mean?""

10. Fergelmince

Fergelmince Brown Belt

I have always liked the guy, and I agree that the much smaller percentage of his fights/rounds is what haters focus on. But I can see how his interviews can make people feel that way. "Ya know what I'm sayin', Ya know what I'm sayin..." "I was only goin' 70%," etc. He noticeably stopped that in the last couple of interviews, but he was still stuck on "Ya know, Ya know..." I don't like the guys at AKA for similar reasons, and I realize it's not rational because there's no doubt they are badasses and have earned everything they have. The trolling Cormier and Rockhold were directing at Werdum before UFC 188 when they weren't even fighting him was obnoxious as heII.

11. Spookv

Spookv Brown Belt

Hey TS, he partly blames the fans for the reason he didn't getting a title shot. Out if all things he blamed he blames fans.. Think about that.

12. Helden

Helden Platinum Belt

WTF that is disgusting...

13. choke you

choke you strangulation belt

His game plan was terrible for this fight. He kept slowly plodding forward flat footed getting tagged left and right. He'll be back no doubt a loss like this one may be what he needed.

14. smiles mma

smiles mma Purple Belt

Just like Carlos after he had his first decision win of his life... Running man blah blah blah. Dude is awesome to watch. Johnny got robbed against Robbie, Robbie didn't do shit for 3 rounds then comes out on fire for the 5th round and Johnny tries to play it safe... Smart move, don't know how he lost that fight. But what ever, not everyone has to like every fighter

15. Machina Obscura

Machina Obscura SpaceCommissar

He's a great and exciting fighter with lots of exemplary finishes, somewhere at the top. He's however made some unfortunate comments, sounding a bit like whining and excusing, and you know how we like that..

..it's not really that we hate him, it's more that he's a bit unlucky when he opens his mouth and some of us just like to jump on that.

16. RoninJin

RoninJin Holla At Me If You Like My Avatar

He would always be remembered for those mighty quick ko of some of the toughest guys. He would also be remembered for stalling on top after securing a takedown after getting lid up on his feet.

17. Kerseyvsgiggler

Kerseyvsgiggler Yellow Belt

Always thought should be able to root for him his style; early was exciting. He won some decisions he didn't clearly win (Pierce , Kos) He has always whined, The first time i remember a mic in his face he sounded so entitled very off putting. Ducking stricter testing with GSP didn't help. Hasn't looked the same with each fight looks less...

Stinger911 likes this.
  18. Ironman70.3

Ironman70.3 Green Belt

It's because he is a fountain of excuses. I'm really to hear what it'll be this time

19. IndyCovaHart

IndyCovaHart Gold Belt

The guy retired GSP.

Of course he has haters. Lol

Which Doctor likes this.
  20. Eyepokesftw

Eyepokesftw Brown Belt

Well. He just blamed his loss on his training partners, corner, and that Wonderboy didn't want to fight lol.