Never seen that combo before

NoviVavilon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My friend from the team had a fight recently . He koed a guy by switching his legs like he was going to kick him but instead he made a right hook , I never seen that before , does anyone else use this ? The guy really surprised me when i saw that.

Havent used or learnt it, but miht try to on the heavy bag tomorrow :D

so he faked the kick and punched? Happens alot. Tyrone Spong is good at that with the rear hook.

So from the orthodox stance he faked like he was going to throw a right leg kick but just put his right leg into the lead position putting him in the south paw stance, And then threw a right hook?

If I had to guess, the strategy was a) switch feet, which b) would be noticed by his opponent, causing him to c) instinctively expect, even if only for a fleeting moment, that a kick was coming which d) was all the time your man needed to exploit this opening and clock him.

Simple, but clever.

I guess I do something kinda similar. I will ball change and throw a cross. It is pretty effective especially if you have been throwing the offside kick. It is all about setting things up and getting to know your opponent.

Edit: Im a southpaw and use this on a orthodox fighter.

If I had to guess, the strategy was a) switch feet, which b) would be noticed by his opponent, causing him to c) instinctively expect, even if only for a fleeting moment, that a kick was coming which d) was all the time your man needed to exploit this opening and clock him.

Simple, but clever.

thats exactly what i got out of what he said, a quick shuffle of the feet, oppenent thinks kick and instead gets punched. it is pretty clever, i like it.

Sounds like a good idea, probably would work well after throwing a kick or two to make him really think its coming.

i tried it but ended up throwing a shift then a superman punch, just the way my body was moving.

this was sparing i did catch the guy i was sparing with, felt really awkward but probably because i just threw it in on the fly.

So....from orthodox, he switched back to throw the left leg but threw a right hand hook when the right leg was forward?

I have seen that a few times.

To be honest I see more south paws doing it (so land the left hook with the left leg infront)

My friend from the team had a fight recently . He koed a guy by switching his legs like he was going to kick him but instead he made a right hook , I never seen that before , does anyone else use this ? The guy really surprised me when i saw that.

i just did it. fun..

I use the same technique sometimes using the right uppercut instead of the right hook

that is a pretty good combo

i've seen erik morales do somthing like this but with a right uppercut fake then he throws an overhand right

Simple, but clever.

Exactly. Faked a switch kick but used a rear hook. Pretty smart. Only works on people who are experienced enough to anticipate the kick.

Back