Never forget that Fury embarrassed Wilder for 99% of their fight and got robbed

Remember when Fury could have taken an immediate rematch but ducked it?

Good times.

I also like how Wilder got indisputable 10-8 rounds, but somehow lost 99% of fight.

Guess someone forgot mathematics.

Wilder was robbed of his TKO victory.
Why don't you ask Fury why he didnt take an immediate rematch?

Remember when Fury could have taken an immediate rematch but ducked it?

Good times.

Wilder needed to win some more to prove himself. He was clowned.

Wilder needed to win some more to prove himself. He was clowned.
Wilder didnt get flatlined. Fury did.

Meanwhile, Fury is proving himself against absolute cans and wrestling for fucks sake.

Meh...9 out of 10 refs would have stopped the fight after the knockdown/KO

Even with the knockdowns he should have had the win because he won every round other than the ones he got dropped.

And it wasn't competitive... Fury actively made Wilder look like a dummy in there, swinging and missing like someone having an autistic fit.

Bears repeating because with this recent win people are talking about Wilder like he's invincible. Should have a loss on his record.

The Gypsy King is the #1 HW in the world and will do Wilder next time, the big dosser.

He out pointed him for the majority of the rounds sure but a few were close and he got 10-8’d a few times which makes it a razor thin decision.

the Ref never had to save Wilder and had he given Jury the same count Ortiz got Saturday then Wilder walks away with a KO

I feel like the only people pissing and moaning are Fury fan boys, The most impressive thing he did all night was get up lol

People forget that the judges gave Wilder the first couple of rounds and then Fury took over but some rounds were close and then Fury took over and BOMB SQUAD those two Knockdown's and one almost ended it.

But the first couple of rounds were close and some gave them to Wilder.

But fans are fans and they give their fighters every round and don't count knockdowns as two points but one because it's their favorite fighter.

So basically Wilder won the first early rounds then a couple and the knockdowns made it a draw.

Over 85% of sherdog thought fury won. And the first KD was an illegal shot at the back of the head.

People have fckin short memories in here clearly, and wilder was lucky as fck to keep his belt! That’s not in any doubt. Fury got hometown decisioned. Saying fury got knocked out and the fight should’ve been stopped is even more laughable. He was clear headed in 10 fckin seconds and win the rest of the round

oh and not to mention virtually every media outlet and pundit also had fury winning.

Last edited:
Over 85% of sherdog thought fury won. And the first KD was an illegal shot at the back of the head.

People have fckin short memories in here clearly, and wilder was lucky as fck to keep his belt! That’s not in any doubt. Fury got hometown decisioned. Saying fury got knocked out and the fight should’ve been stopped is even more laughable. He was clear headed in 10 fckin seconds and win the rest of the round
Indeed
Poll-Screen.png

Who did you have winning Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder and how did you score it? It ended in a draw.

Roughly two-thirds of our population are visual learners so this may be beneficial. I've taken a set of 5 data points and charted them into a basic vertical bar graph as a visual aid. The data is sourced from the original Sherdog poll (566 total votes) which I'll link at the bottom.
Wilder-Fury-FINAL-Graph-Resized.png

Interpreting the results
  • ≈1.75 in 2 Sherdog members thought Fury deserved to win (87.1%)
  • ≈1 in 16 Sherdog members thought Wilder deserved to win (6.2%)
  • ≈1 in 8 Sherdog members thought Fury didn't deserve to win (12.9%)
  • ≈1.875 in 2 Sherdog members thought Wilder didn't deserve to win (93.8%)
  • ≈1 in 15 Sherdog members thought the draw was correct (6.7%)
Source Poll
Poll-Screen.png

Who did you have winning Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder and how did you score it? It ended in a draw.

Dont forget that no one would have complained if the ref waived the fight off after Fury had his lights put out.
A ref is never going to do that in the last round in such a one sided fight.....it shows the inconsistency in refereeing as your right if it was in rounds 1-10 or if wilder was clearly up on the cards your right it would have been waved off.

What did Fury actually do in that fight in terms of offense

Yeah his defense was on point

Wilder was the aggressor, wilder was pushing the action, wilder dropped him twice

Wilder won the fighting portion

Fury won the slick defensive boxing portion, although its ironic that he was still dropped hard two times

You shouldn't be able to win fights by running and slipping and leaning back etc, you need to fight. Wilder fought

I only watched the fight once and watched it live. I was drinking, but I don't see how anybody can say Fury was dominating Wilder.

I remember thinking the fight was going to get called draw before the score cards came.

Technically out pointing somebody for a few close rounds and causing no damage isn't exactly what I would call a domination.

Roughly two-thirds of our population are visual learners so this may be beneficial. I've taken a set of 5 data points and charted them into a basic vertical bar graph as a visual aid. The data is sourced from the original Sherdog poll (566 total votes) which I'll link at the bottom.
Wilder-Fury-FINAL-Graph-Resized.png

Interpreting the results
  • ≈1.75 in 2 Sherdog members thought Fury deserved to win (87.1%)
  • ≈1 in 16 Sherdog members thought Wilder deserved to win (6.2%)
  • ≈1 in 8 Sherdog members thought Fury didn't deserve to win (12.9%)
  • ≈1.875 in 2 Sherdog members thought Wilder didn't deserve to win (93.8%)
  • ≈1 in 15 Sherdog members thought the draw was correct (6.7%)
Source Poll
Poll-Screen.png

0% of sherdoggers sat ringside or were officially judging fight.

0% of sherdoggers sat ringside or were officially judging fight.

Plenty of ex boxers, pundits and media outlets were though. And almost every single one that I've seen thought fury won. Its immaterial at the end of the day as the fight was called a draw, but there is a laughable inconsistancy on this board. The fight was less than 1 year ago and the only people happy with the result were wilder fans. that is very telling.
The first knockdown was a foul and shouldn't have counted, which makes the result even worse.

Back