Never forget: Khabib subbed Gaethje with a Triangle from the Mount.

Not rare at all, pretty sure Cerrone has done it multiple times. Most recently was against Alex Oliveira. Another fun fact is that Khabib pulled out of multiple fights with Cerrone.
Cerrone can thank his faith that for whatever reason that fight didn't happen. He doesn't need another brutal beating, he has plenty of other fights every year when that happens.

Cerrone can thank his faith that for whatever reason that fight didn't happen. He doesn't need another brutal beating, he has plenty of other fights every year when that happens.
What would Khabib have done, take him down and attempt to win on points? Cerrone gets beaten by good strikers on the feet, I can't imagine Khabib giving him any sort of "brutal beating".

What would Khabib have done, take him down and attempt to win on points? Cerrone gets beaten by good strikers on the feet, I can't imagine Khabib giving him any sort of "brutal beating".
Khabib would pound his balding head into oblivion lol

A beatdown worse than Barboza and MJ received.

Can't Believe You Would Wish That On Poor old drunk cowboy :eek:

its been done before,plenty of times...

It was impressive how fast Khabib did it. You knew what he was going for but Justin could not do anything about it

I always had a hard time pulling it off in a roll,hahah

He would have taken him down in about 5 seconds, and gave him a brutal ground and pound to soften him up. Cerrone has nothing for Khabib on the ground, he would be devastated.

always remember....... Gatche sucks on the ground

Khabib would pound his balding head into oblivion lol

A beatdown worse than Barboza and MJ received.

Can't Believe You Would Wish That On Poor old drunk cowboy :eek:
Neither of those guys have any ground game to speak of lol. Elkins had less trouble with MJ than Khabib did.

He would have taken him down in about 5 seconds, and gave him a brutal ground and pound to soften him up. Cerrone has nothing for Khabib on the ground, he would be devastated.
Based on what exactly? Cerrone has been on his back for less than a combined 10 minutes in the past decade and a lot of that time he was the one in control. He's not Barboza or MJ.

Based on what exactly? Cerrone has been on his back for less than a combined 10 minutes in the past decade and a lot of that time he was the one in control. He's not Barboza or MJ.
We've seen him on the ground though - it's not like Cerrone never been taken down or had to grapple; he has decent submissions, but his overall skill level, his stamina would not offer any resistance. You know Khabib won't be standing and trading with him, pressure pressure takedown/beatdown.

Playing BJJ on your little back is a sure way to get your skull crushed by Khabib gnp :D
Who's the best grappler Khabib has even went to the ground with? RDA who he only managed a total of 18 significant strikes against after 10 minutes of control time? Compare that with guys with zero ground game like Barboza who Khabib landed 55 significant ground strikes on and MJ who he landed 88 on. Cerrone is much better off his back than all those guys, Khabib wouldn't do jack shit.

We've seen him on the ground though - it's not like Cerrone never been taken down or had to grapple; he has decent submissions, but his overall skill level, his stamina would not offer any resistance. You know Khabib won't be standing and trading with him, pressure pressure takedown/beatdown.
Still though Khabib has struggled to take people down in the later rds and Cerrone hasn't been taken down very often in the past decade. His stamina is pretty solid, not Tony level maybe but it's never been an issue. He's been a full 5 rds several times. You have to agree seeing Khabib on the ground with a Cerrone, Oliveira or Ferguson type fighter would be more interesting than guys with no ground game like MJ and Barboza. Wish we got to see it.

Still though Khabib has struggled to take people down in the later rds and Cerrone hasn't been taken down very often in the past decade. His stamina is pretty solid, not Tony level maybe but it's never been an issue. He's been a full 5 rds several times. You have to agree seeing Khabib on the ground with a Cerrone, Oliveira or Ferguson type fighter would be more interesting than guys with no ground game like MJ and Barboza. Wish we got to see it.
Khabib usually plays with people in the later rounds if he chooses to, he doesn't struggle (he would have dominated Al as well if he really wanted to take him down) I have no interest in seeing Khabib vs Cerrone on the ground, nor do i believe that Cerrone could offer any resistance to a takedown within a first round, or be able to put out defense once he is down. That's where our opinions are living on separate islands. In my minds eye, Cerrone would be an absolute cakewalk for Khabib. Charles also in my opinion would be a walk in the park for Khabib, there is nothing in his skillset that would give Khabib any trouble. Ferguson...well that has already been beaten to death.

Back