Never forget: Khabib subbed Gaethje with a Triangle from the Mount.

Never forget, huh? I guess it's Throwback Thursday up in here.

He literally is a white belt lol.
So is Khabib :D
images

Not rare at all, pretty sure Cerrone has done it multiple times. Most recently was against Alex Oliveira. Another fun fact is that Khabib pulled out of multiple fights with Cerrone.

Cowboy's secret Sherdog account has been found

Paul harris hit an armbar from sitting back control on someone in one of his ufc fights if I remember right.
Paul submitted Ivan Salaverry by faking a rear naked choke and switching to an armbar. There was a video of him doing the same thing to Mayhem Miller in practice.

Paul submitted Ivan Salaverry by faking a rear naked choke and switching to an armbar. There was a video of him doing the same thing to Mayhem Miller in practice.
Also, that fake rear naked choke to armbar is what I was referencing. I can always remember the guy who won but not the one who lost lol

ok, so, from now on we need to check every "amazing fact" those beb-trolls post to see if they are just making stuff up.... jeez.... pathetic

It’d be cool if the nut huggers retired right along with the guy. Take the Conor fanboys with you on your way out.

Khabib's the best positional grappler in MMA I've seen. No one climbs quicker to mount or traps the legs with his own to put the opponent in a compromising spot than he does. He does this to everyone. Low-tier, mid-tier, top-tier - same result.

The world uses "never forget" far too liberally.

Khabib's the best positional grappler in MMA I've seen. No one climbs quicker to mount or traps the legs with his own to put the opponent in a compromising spot than he does. He does this to everyone. Low-tier, mid-tier, top-tier - same result.

He's certainly up there. Personally, I think Demian Maia is the best positional grappler in history, just in terms of passing to mount, taking the back, etc. But, if you factor in being able to take an elite opponent down and beat them up over 5 rounds, then Khabib is probably the best.

So is Khabib :D
images

damn this is so funny

belts really dont mean a thing/that much. you get them rewarded but it doesnt mean you earned them because you are a badass grappler thats better than another grapller who doesnt hold a belt

in no way shape or form is khabib NOT at least on the same level as bla bla degree black belts. the dagestani tie up with his leg......how many bjj black belts have this super effective move down to a tee in the cage? guys like overeem and others are trying to copy this move now

He's certainly up there. Personally, I think Demian Maia is the best positional grappler in history, just in terms of passing to mount, taking the back, etc. But, if you factor in being able to take an elite opponent down and beat them up over 5 rounds, then Khabib is probably the best.
I agree about Maia. I rate Khabib higher in MMA grappling because of his superior ability to get the takedown. Maia is unstoppable on the ground, but has trouble getting the fight to the ground.

I agree about Maia. I rate Khabib higher in MMA grappling because of his superior ability to get the takedown. Maia is unstoppable on the ground, but has trouble getting the fight to the ground.

Definitely. It's incredible how all Khabib has to do is get his hands on his opponent, and then it becomes just a matter of time. Even if his shot is bad, he just easily chains it into another position to complete the takedown. Maia on the other hand has a bad habit of going back to the same double-leg attempt over and over. And Khabib's ability to grapple and control opponents over multiple rounds is better than Maia's ever was.

Come to think of it, I change my mind. When factoring in takedown ability, ability to control an opponent on the ground, use ground and pound, submissions, AND maintain it over multiple rounds, Khabib is the best positional grappler ever.

I hadn’t seen that Werdum back mount armbar before. That’s fucking slick tbh

Looks like the signature submission requires a certain height to pull off also, i don't see anyone being below 6ft pulling it off unless their competition is several inches smaller than them, perhaps it can be done.

maiasonnenthrow.gif

PolishedJoyousBongo-max-1mb.gif

Maia had a beautiful one against Chael. It's a bit like Werdum's armbar from backmount, usually MMA fighters don't want to risk losing the position with those techniques, but they are so awesome when they are done by an elite grappler.

giphy.gif

RequiredSecondaryDairycow-size_restricted.gif

Maia vs Chael is always the first one I think of. Such a beautiful set up.

It was slick and smooth. Khabib applied the Triangle like a glove.

Back