Never forget: Khabib subbed Gaethje with a Triangle from the Mount.

Maori

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Last time I remember this happening was in 2010 Bocek vs Hazelett. Im sure its happened since, but seriously you don’t see this type of finish that often. Especially in a championship fight in the deepest division of the UFC against one of the baddest LW’s in the world.

Khabibs a fucken ninja, this finish should be celebrated just as much as his overall career.

Thoughts?

Bocek vs Hazelett

maiasonnenthrow.gif

PolishedJoyousBongo-max-1mb.gif

Maia had a beautiful one against Chael. It's a bit like Werdum's armbar from backmount, usually MMA fighters don't want to risk losing the position with those techniques, but they are so awesome when they are done by an elite grappler.

giphy.gif

RequiredSecondaryDairycow-size_restricted.gif

maiasonnenthrow.gif

Maia had a beautiful one against Chael. It's a bit like Werdum's armbar from backmount, usually MMA fighters don't want to risk losing the position with those techniques, but they are so awesome when they are done by an elite grappler.

giphy.gif

The chael sub is one of my favorites of all time. That trip was epic especially against a guy like chael, then the mount and as chael tried to roll maia countered it with the triangle, b e a utiful

Paul harris hit an armbar from sitting back control on someone in one of his ufc fights if I remember right.

Joe louzon also armbar triangled someone from the mount and got the tap while pounding on them

Not rare at all, pretty sure Cerrone has done it multiple times. Most recently was against Alex Oliveira. Another fun fact is that Khabib pulled out of multiple fights with Cerrone.
Not rare at all?
How many times a year you reckon?

maiasonnenthrow.gif

giphy.gif

I hadn’t seen that Werdum back mount armbar before. That’s fucking slick tbh

Back