Never Complain and Never Explain

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I had a bit of an epiphany today. Cut a long story short, I had a nightmarish journey to work and ended up being late to a meeting.

I spent the morning telling one of my co-workers about what happened, but he just wasn’t listening at all ... “yeah, yeah, oh ... I get that ... oh...”

I started realising that complaining about things in any form is feminine behaviour and makes you feel like less of a man ... to be honest, upon reflection, I felt like a whiny bitch.

It reminded me of that maxim, “never complain, never explain”.

My boss later asked me why I was late, I kept it real brief and said sorry. Left it at that.

But, yeah. Never complain and never explain.

I need to be sure to catch myself next time I feel the urge to vent.

I can go along with that, some times I think about telling someone something, then I remember they're not going to care, so I talk about birds in space on some shit instead

By contrast, I will never be that rude to someone who wants an ear so they can offload, I'm a good listener, I may not care or have answers, but I won't not listen to them

Havent made excuses ever at work

I just say wont happen again and thats it if someone asks

Complaining isn't feminine in different circumstances.

Lets say the cashier short changed you by 20 dollars or €20 and you don't say anything. It's feminine not to speak up and let someone rob you blindly like that.

Or if you order a steak medium-rare, and they serve it to you well done.
You sit there and eat it passively without complaining.
That right there is feminine as hell.

Last edited:
DYzp8vz.gif

Lets say the cashier short changed you by 20 dollars or €20 and you don't say anything. It's feminine not to speak up and let someone rob you blindly like that.

You dont complain

You assault the cashier for that mistake

I had a bit of an epiphany today. Cut a long story short, I had a nightmarish journey to work and ended up being late to a meeting.

I spent the morning telling one of my co-workers about what happened, but he just wasn’t listening at all ... “yeah, yeah, oh ... I get that ... oh...”

I started realising that complaining about things in any form is feminine behaviour and makes you feel like less of a man ... to be honest, upon reflection, I felt like a whiny bitch.

My boss later asked me why I was late, I kept it real brief and said sorry. Left it at that.

And yet here we are :D

Man this thread sucks! Why do I have to read threads like this? Why can't you all make quality threads like I do?

I am such a great TS because:
1. I am a 6'5" alpha that benches 350lbs as my morning routine.
2. I have an IQ of 3-fiddy.
3. I met BJ Penn in an airport once and he told me GSP greased.

[QUOTE="SSgt Dickweed, post: 158225943, member: 482469"
3. I met BJ Penn in an airport once and he told me GSP greased.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like an excuse

Being on time means you 5 mins late.

You don't complain
You tell them they made a mistake and tell them to fix it

I think venting is for outside work. And, a person should be watching social cues using entertaining tone and emphasis, improvising funny analogies. There's an art to venting.

You can always come here, bro.

Our manly shoulders were made for your tears.

feminine behavior is creating life and making existence worth it, complaining is just weak behavior

Wait... Complaining about stuff with people who don't give a fuck about you leads to nowhere?

Wow TS. You must be a scientist or something.

Back