Never been more sure that Holloway will school Illia

Sure, and Topuria grapples while Volk hardly does.

Not saying they're exactly the same style, but they're both primarily strikers with a similar build.

Volk has grappled far more in the ufc than ilia has. Outside of ilia's debut, grappling has pretty much always been plan B for him. For comparison, volk got like 16 takedowns in his first 5 ufc fights where ilia got 6. The narrative of volk not grappling much is just flat out wrong.

Ilia may be just as well rounded (people insist he is), but his gameplan and approach are often built around boxing, where as Volk's approach is far more often built on mixing things up and giving as many looks as possible to opponents.

Last edited:
Styles make fights sir, Topuria is a terrible opponent for Volk tbf.
You stole the words from my mouth. This one could go either way, and anyone not giving either guy a chance is a dunce.
I could see Max utterly pieceing-up Ilia for several rounds to a tko or dec, . . . or I could just as easily see Ilia crushing Max with a bomb and/or following him to the ground and keeping him there. Pretty excited for this one.
(LOL and I'll be the American rooting for Max in a room full of Spanish police watching the match in Spain. . . )

You stole the words from my mouth. This one could go either way, and anyone not giving either guy a chance is a dunce.
I could see Max utterly pieceing-up Ilia for several rounds to a tko or dec, . . . or I could just as easily see Ilia crushing Max with a bomb and/or following him to the ground and keeping him there. Pretty excited for this one.
(LOL and I'll be the American rooting for Max in a room full of Spanish police watching the match in Spain. . . )
Yeah you're right sir, anything can happen in this fight.
Max is, was and will always be my dude but its a tough fight for both guys.

So why are you going to be in a room full of Spanish police sir?...you making bail that night? Lol

Back