Nevada rejects boxer Antonio Margarito's appeal for license renewal

kingobould***

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Nevada State Athletic Commission Friday declined to reissue a license to former world welterweight boxing champion boxer Antonio Margarito, instructing him to gain approval first from California, where his license was revoked last year.

Welp, I guess Arum still wants to run Margarito-Pacquiao even if he can't do it in the US...

Good for them, If anybody is going to give him back a license it should be Cali first. They were the one who strip and should be the ones to reinstate him, if they want to.

I thought it was common knowledge that all other state commissions follow suit of the sanctioning commission in case of a suspension or ban?

I thought it was common knowledge that all other state commissions follow suit of the sanctioning commission in case of a suspension or ban?

Technically, though, you can apply to a state that didn't suspend/withdraw your license and ask for a re-licensing after the penalty period, which is Margarito did (as he's currently suing the CA commission). The thing is, though, NV obviously didn't want to step on CA's toes by licensing him when they haven't cleared the way and since they did the investigation.

Not always, TX has been know to give out some while others states have dienied fighters.

Good.

Obviously no one can be 100% sure whether he plastered his gloves against Cotto or not but it's likely that he did and the beating he put on Cotto was just brutal, he could have killed the man.

BTW, he didn't get denied the license so he can submit another request at anytime, it was just a tabling (but obviously he needs to get CA resolved before the majority will listen to his case again based on the tabling vote).

Good, he deserves it and IMO should never be back in a ring again.

^ agreed, Although i would love to see Cotto put him down and out with a left to the body.

Good...he should never get his license back. Cheating motherfu*ker. He could have easily killed Cotto.

Why this discussion is even taking place is beyond me. He should be made an example of what happens to cheaters.

Arum appears to be deluded enough that he thinks Pacquiao-Margarito will do big business even in Mexico City (or at least that's his public face on the matter)...

Good, if they do it in Mexico City I'll be ringside amigos.

he doesnt deserve to fight again but I want to see Cotto take out his revenge on him.

Give him his license back for christ sakes, I dnt want to see him fight Paquiao but would like to see him fight some other guys in the 147-154-160 divisions like Berto,Angulo,Cotto,Martinez and Cintron.

Back