Netherlands to withdraw food and shelter from failed asylum-seekers

1.) Because finding a new place isn't instantaneous.
2.) Because nobody is forcing the country to do so. The country is doing so of its own choice, one that a certain canadian disagrees with. Suck it up.
3.) Because that's a shit analogy. A better one is somebody breaks into your home to evade a dangerous storm. Under the common law, you do have an obligation to let them stay there until the storm passes. This is a long-standing principle of western society, even if you're too *****rdly to understand it.

You should have thought of that before you illegally entered into a country, the possibility of your stay being denied. Now that country had enough of the migrants' shit, and is cutting them off. There is no storm. These people pay thousands to traffickers to get them through. They did this by choice.

Cry some more.

How about you host them at your house?

This is a question that has nothing to do with this scenario. This is about a Country, not an individual. If you're asking if I'd spend my hard earned tax dollars to help them while they were in this Country, the answer is absolutely...

Poster: I have a problem with a first world nation leaving people open to the elements with zero food or resources.

Poster II: well why don't you invite them to your house....

Also, there are roughly a billion people in europe, about half of them in the EU. The EU is expecting about 800K refugees this year. That's a tiny fucking dent. Even if they got three times that, it would be a half a percent of the total population. That's not a demographic shift. That's a fart in a stadium, even if it continued for a couple years.

No. The Netherlands and other small countries can't. Nor should they. There is a reason why some countries and cultures succeed and others don't.

I haven't seen a single post in this thread arguing that The Netherlands, or any country has a responsibility to give 100% of these refugees asylum and full citizenship.

The two sides are:
1. There has to be a more humane way to deal with the refugees while they are moved.

Vs

2. Starve you dirty Muslim!

European politics is going to swing heavily to the right in the next few years, and the very survival on EU might be in jeopardy. This migrant crisis is providing the European right with all the ammo they need against existing governments.

This is already happening unfortunately...and it's happening right down the old Warsaw pact divide. I give it less than 5 years before east and west Europe are going to have a a serious ideological "conversation" about who should, and who shouldn't be allowed in.

I think Turkey is going to be a big bone of contention.

This is a question that has nothing to do with this scenario. This is about a Country, not an individual. If you're asking if I'd spend my hard earned tax dollars to help them while they were in this Country, the answer is absolutely...

I haven't seen a single post in this thread arguing that The Netherlands, or any country has a responsibility to give 100% of these refugees asylum and full citizenship.

The two sides are:
1. There has to be a more humane way to deal with the refugees while they are moved.

Vs

2. Starve you dirty Muslim!

If they'd fully assimilate sure. No problem. But that isn't the case.

Also, there are roughly a billion people in europe, about half of them in the EU. The EU is expecting about 800K refugees this year. That's a tiny fucking dent. Even if they got three times that, it would be a half a percent of the total population. That's not a demographic shift. That's a fart in a stadium, even if it continued for a couple years.

Germany expects 800k migrants alone this year, so that 800k for entire Europe is a bullshit lowball. Did you happen to forget Europe is going through a financial and debt crisis this very moment? That's billions Europe do not need to spend on managing these illegal immigrants. Just because I can afford to house a few random homeless people, doesn't mean I have to.

I think the rule change will be put in place as more of a deterrent than anything. Yes, some of the refugees arriving now will have a difficult time, but it will make those currently planning to move there think twice, which is clearly what the Netherlands wants.

If they'd fully assimilate sure. No problem. But that isn't the case.

Honestly, my position is provide food and shelter until you can return them home/ move them (those that fail the process).

Also the EU and it's members should be working on a plan to share the burden proportionately.

I think the rule change will be put in place as more of a deterrent than anything. Yes, some of the refugees arriving now will have a difficult time, but it will make those currently planning to move there think twice, which is clearly what the Netherlands wants.

As propaganda I fully support it.

Secular liberals are more christian than conservatives when it comes to helping others, and conservatives are more about evolution when it comes to social darwinism.

Honestly, my position is provide food and shelter until you can return them home/ move them (those that fail the process).

Also the EU and it's members should be working on a plan to share the burden proportionately.

Bingo

Condining child rape aside.

Netherlands have 16.8 million people and 7% unemployment.

That's over a million unemployed people.

The article linked in the OP said 6,240 were rejected last year. According to my calculator that's 1/188th what the unemployment is.

Lets not pretend like this is a massive amount of government expendature they're saving here.

Those are all valid questions... Questions that people a lot smarter than I will have to contend with. What I do know is that if that were my Mother in that situation having tried to seek asylum for a better life or to escape extreme poverty or violence, I'd want her treated with respect and taken care of, regardless of whether she was allowed to stay. And I think if you look at it with those glasses, the immediate answer is simple. Treat Human Beings like you'd want your Mother to be treated while they are in your Country. The questions you bring up are of a larger issue, but the route to go with these people shouldn't be up for debate. While they're being processed in or out, they shouldn't be starving or freezing to death. Basic Human rights should be honored at the very least...

Everything you said I can agree with.

The thing, however is this: people are way more sympathetic to mothers who come from similar, and more compatible cultures than to mothers stemming from rival ideologies. Many people are running out of give a fucks for mothers who have none for the folks in the host countries.

And that's the issue. People are questioning why they should feed and house people who hate them and see them as adversaries... Whether they are or not. Perception is reality. And when you perceive these migrants as such, you will eventually treat them as such.

giphy.gif

What I do to help people is my business and mine alone. I don't do anything for recognition...

This is a thread about people in need of help being treated inhumanely by a Country. It has nothing to do with the ridiculous question asked out of pure hate by the War Rooms resident buffet line Christian...

What the Netherlands and Hungary do with these people is their business and and their's alone.

That's hardcore

Not hardcore enough although it is a step in the right direction. A lot of these so called 'Asylum seekers' are liars and thieves looking to abuse generous wel-fare states. Deportations is more ideal and is better for the NATIVE citizens who go hungry in their own damn country!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you about a lot more than you realize... But the notion that they shouldn't have their basic needs taking care of while processing in or out is just absurd.

It's beyond absurd.

i think i can see both side.

on one side i think its human moral responsibility to help our fellow man, and try fulfill
their basic needs, but on the other hand. i can see how too many immigrants who has no idea how to assimilate and contribute to that society can damaged the society.

i understand your point of view and i can understand other point of view as well.

Back