Netherlands: Primary School Children forced to pray to Allah in "Multicultural Curriculum"

I am just wondering if you are against Muslim mass immigration or Islam.

Both, but I'm also against all religion. Islam just happens to be, by far, the worst one around today and responsible for so much craziness. I don't even mean the violence.

I can't imagine how horrible being a non-brainwashed woman in a Muslim country must be.. I read some ex-Muslim forums and the posts on them are heart breaking. The worst are the posts from like 12 year old girls in 3rd world shitholes planning out the next 10 years of their lives to escape that depraved religion without being discovered (then beaten, raped, and worse).

No chance in Hell my kids are taking a field trip to a mosque. Or a church or a synagogue for that matter.
pretty much this. i never heard of such trips before and it seems this is now pushed politically.
and i'm not welcoming it.
actually this is scary.

Hahaha, this thread is hilarious. These children aren't forced to anything. The dude is merely explaining how muslims pray and isn't even taking it seriously himself, because when they kneel he says "Right, I'm going for a coffee now. See you later", which is why you hear the teacher laughing. This video has nothing to do with multiculturalism. Hell, if anything, my education ingrained in me the strong belief that Western society is far superior to any other culture.

When we went to a mosque, we'd basically asked the dude to explain to us how they prayed just out of curiosity. You know where we also went? To the Jewish neighbourhood and a synagogue in Amsterdam and the fucking Vatican. Yes, even the muslims. Those were one-time events. You know what else I had to do? Read dozens of Dutch and English books and poems, study Dutch and European history, Latin and ancient Greek, English, French and German, and European art from the Roman times up to now. You really think that one visit to a mosque is going to outweigh 14 years of Euro-centric education?

Hahaha, this thread is hilarious. These children aren't forced to anything. The dude is merely explaining how muslims pray and isn't even taking it seriously himself, because when they kneel he says "Right, I'm going for a coffee now. See you later", which is why you hear the teacher laughing. This video has nothing to do with multiculturalism. Hell, if anything, my education ingrained in me the strong belief that Western society is far superior to any other culture.

When we went to a mosque, we'd basically asked the dude to explain to us how they prayed just out of curiosity. You know where we also went? To the Jewish neighbourhood and a synagogue in Amsterdam and the fucking Vatican. Yes, even the muslims. Those were one-time events. You know what else I had to do? Read dozens of Dutch and English books and poems, study Dutch and European history, Latin and ancient Greek, English, French and German, and European art from the Roman times up to now. You really think that one visit to a mosque is going to outweigh 14 years of Euro-centric education?
I understand the point of the excursion is 'educate' the kids about a different religion but this 'education' is highly selective* , so it isn't education, rather subtle indoctrination to get the kids to be more amneable to Islam.

* Re. what I mean when I say it is highly selective:
I highly doubt the educators are teaching the children about all the hate, genocide, pedophilia and warmongering advocated by Muhammed and what Muslim armies have done for eons.

Did they teach you that Islamic prayer separates men and women, that Muslims believe women should be subservient to men, that Muslims believe it's OK to beat women, and that Muslims believe that ex-Muslims should be executed? Why not?

They didn't tell you any of that because they weren't trying to educate you. If it were for education, they'd have taught you all of that because those are basic, important facts. They were trying to brainwash you.

Did they teach you that Islamic prayer separates men and women, that Muslims believe women should be subservient to men, that Muslims believe it's OK to beat women, and that Muslims believe that ex-Muslims should be executed? Why not?

They didn't tell you any of that because they weren't trying to educate you. If it were for education, they'd have taught you all of that because those are basic, important facts. They were trying to brainwash you.
I wonder if these teachers told the kids that Islam prescribes the death penalty for leaving Islam.

This is nothing but a cherry picked school outing, which is why it is akin to propaganda.

I understand the point of the excursion is 'educate' the kids about a different religion but this 'education' is highly selective* , so it isn't education, rather subtle indoctrination to get the kids to be more amneable to Islam.

* Re. what I mean when I say it is highly selective:
I highly doubt the educators are teaching the children about all the hate, genocide, pedophilia and warmongering advocated by Muhammed and what Muslim armies have done for eons.

Read my post again. We went to a mosque once. That was the extent of our education on Islam. It was a one-time event. When we walked out we all went on our merry way and never talked about it inside or outside a classroom ever again. Nobody gave a fuck, neither the teachers nor the students. The only religious place we actually got properly educated on was the Vatican.

This is obviously just a religion class where the kids learn about the basics of the world's bigger religions, along with Christianity/Catholicism (most likely what they spend most of their time in that class learning about), Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, etc.

I would know because I had to go through the same shit especially in high school. There's more Catholic schools here than public or private and they're publicly funded by the taxpayer too. One of the requirements in order to graduate/get your diploma is to pass three different religion classes (Religion 15, 25, 35) which public schools don't do. If it were up to the Catholic school board instead of the government I'm sure every minute I spent in those classes would have been about the one, true religion (according to the school).

I'm still pretty pissed I had to go through that bs in order to graduate. Wasted so many hours in those classes when I could have instead been learning something more important. In my opinion there should be no religion classes in schools, especially publicly funded ones, but private too. Integrating these immigrants and refugees would be a lot easier and more successful if these institutions would be more secular instead of trying to include everyone.

Read my post again. We went to a mosque once. That was the extent of our education on Islam. It was a one-time event. When we walked out we all went on our merry way and never talked about it inside or outside a classroom ever again. Nobody gave a fuck, neither the teachers nor the students. The only religious place we actually got properly educated on was the Vatican.

So they did it with the intent of teaching open-mindedness to Islam and fellow Muslims in the community?

That's teaching morality, not facts. Is it commonly accepted in Europe that schools should do that?

I would say that it is almost a given that Islam has received a heavier emphasis than in the past, in classes teaching religion. A lot of funding has gone into making "multi-culturalism" a thing.

I hope that the kids are made to acknowledge the darker side of Islam as well, instead of merely being taught to think of it as a fresh, exciting thing.

We need not bring up another generation of children who are disappointed to find out that the reality of the world does not match what they had been taught to expect.

Last edited:
This is obviously just a religion class where the kids learn about the basics of the world's bigger religions, along with Christianity/Catholicism (most likely what they spend most of their time in that class learning about), Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, etc.

I would know because I had to go through the same shit especially in high school. There's more Catholic schools here than public or private and they're publicly funded by the taxpayer too. One of the requirements in order to graduate/get your diploma is to pass three different religion classes (Religion 15, 25, 35) which public schools don't do. If it were up to the Catholic school board instead of the government I'm sure every minute I spent in those classes would have been about the one, true religion (according to the school).
It's much less than that. Nobody gives a shit about religion, at least not the people in charge of setting the school curriculum requirements, so you to a mosque and a synagogue once for like an hour and a half and that is that. I went to a Catholic school for the first 4 years of primary school and we were taught fuck all about religion. My little cousin used to attend a Catholic primary school and when my mum asked her what they did religion-wise she said "nothing, because the teacher thinks we can spend that time on more worthwhile things".

So they did it with the intent of teaching open-mindedness to Islam and fellow Muslims in the community?

That's teaching morality, not facts. Is it commonly accepted in Europe that schools should do that?
They taught fuck all. They did it with the intent of "hey, it's one of the biggest religions in the world, so it would be a bit weird to completely leave it out of a curriculum that is so focused on culture, but we really don't give a fuck about anything but European culture". We went to a mosque once for like an hour and a half. Then we left and went to do more important things.

I'm still pretty pissed I had to go through that bs in order to graduate. Wasted so many hours in those classes when I could have instead been learning something more important. In my opinion there should be no religion classes in schools, especially publicly funded ones, but private too. Integrating these immigrants and refugees would be a lot easier and more successful if these institutions would be more secular instead of trying to include everyone.

Yahh i was forced into religion class to, but we never went praying at a mosque we visited and witnessed not participated.

Let be real as long as i does not involve muslim's and islam it probably works ok. Add that bs to the mix and it all goes to hell.

Not a Christian but I went to a Christian school and liked the religion classes. It was never really religious. You could always just sit back and just listen to the teacher read one of the fun stories from the child version of the bible. All my teachers were atheists and laughed at the stories. It was really chill. And then around christmas we'd go to church with candles n stuff and sing some songs, I always really liked that. And at easter we'd have this breakfast together. I don't remember anything else that was Christian or religious about elementary school.

I agree that there probably is multiculturalism indoctrination but you can't make that out from this video. I understand that if you don't understand Dutch it can seem like it's bad, but just chill, and don't make anti-SJW's look like fools. :p

Feels wrong on a visceral level, doesn't it.

Stories coming from non-English countries often have a lack of detail and context for us to understand. If it was just a one-time occurrence on a school trip, it's not the end of the world.

Back