Television Netflix series "Dark" Season 2 out now

I too enjoyed the fuck out of this. When i was dialed in 100%, id read the captions and get reacquainted with Deutsch. When doing shit in the background, i put on the dubs.

Its a lot to keep up with....seems like everyone is a relative to everyone. Im still confused on who is who, but maybe thats the foreign movie stigma setting in..

I binged 2 seasons in 2 days. Great show, sure is different, which is a nice change.
Some of the actors I could do without, and the teenagers crying was a bit much at times.

This show. Wow, it’s so amazing.. I watched both seasons in about a week so let me pour random thoughts of it down.

I love that I can’t guess at what happens. Hero, villain, antihero, antivillain? Who knows.. even the early scene with Jonas in that small room with the device made me think all kinds of f’ed up torture was about to happen but it looks like that was Noah forcing timetravel another way?

That scene with Ulrich smashes Helges head with a rock.. uuughhh. So many amazing plot twists and knowledge, like how Egon tells a young Ulrich, “There is something about your eyes.” when referring to Ulrich being a problem - because he had already seen the father Ulrich’s eyes 33 years earlier, that’s why he had it in for young Ulrich.

It’s hard to bypass how people would recognise a family member in thirty years, or someone they met thirty years ago as some people have great visual recall. Also to assume everyone will do exactly the same when they have the future information is crazy yet things would only happen the same in this timeline and would not noticeably change because it’s the one steady timeline and any diversion would make the future be the same as it currently is. I love this take on time travel — if the past changed, the traveler wouldn’t be aware of it, they would only know current reality.

That Adam is Jonas!! Phenomenal, I assumed it was older Noah.. they even had Noah eating an apple with a knife, what I assumed was a subtle pointing of Adam freely eating an apple from the Garden of Eden.. I also thought Noah’s sister may have been Eve at that point and that Winden was an inception point for this world’s Garden of Eden.

I find the actors all fall into a somewhat passive role, one where they end up a bit traumatised or displaying similar confusion instead of having more people react out of fear and giving up or in taking a strong active role, feels like they are a bit hypnotised by what the director wants. Like Bartosz was very outgoing and engaging, then lost his assertive role - maybe because Martha broke up with him but his natural character disappeared.

’A man... lives three lives.
The first, ends with the loss of naivety,
the second, with the loss of innocence
and the third... with the loss of life itself.
It's inevitable that we go through all three stages.’

- perfect evolution of Adam too, especially from the quote above. I love how strong the plot is and that no gaping “Oh that was done so badly.” feels where I have to suspend disbelief occur like in other timetravel movies. Only little blips like Noah and Ulrich staring into the camera and questioning someone’s reaction to seeing a person they would have distinctly remembered broke the fourth wall for me.

I love how I’m trying to guess at what’s going to happen and missed that Adam was different to Noah but then couldn’t guess that Charlotte was someone else due to her eye colours. Only one I thought was someone else is Magnus when he visited the transvestite guys caravan. Magnus looked quite similar to him.

Fucking amazing series. This is right up there, on the level of difficulty, based on that it’s my GOAT series - overtaking Breaking Bad, The Wire and Game of Thrones (yes yes I know.. what was done well was done very well though) just due to how tightly structured they made a time travel tv series. The creators are logical geniuses. — it may be freshly goated and may change but color me impressed.

Finished season one,

Two episodes into season 2!

Idk I've seen people complaining about them before. I just went through a different media player. It was really bad though. Im assuming Netflix probably has a voice dubbed version out.

When I first watched this on Netflix I was like why does everyone like this show? This voice dubbing makes it unwatchable.

Then, I figured out on my own, to turn it to German and put English subtitles on and that was so much better.

Yep. Did you finish season two? Don't read the spoiler if you didn't.

I'm worried that the introduction of multiverses ,which they SEEMED to introduce at the end of season 2, might be too much and the show might start to fall apart. There's no real signs of it falling apart yet, but the show is already confusing as it is, so it's just something I'm worried about for the next season.

I agree with this, S1 was extremely good. S2 was very confusing because we need to match at least 3 faces from different timeline to each character. But it was still understandable if one really watches it slowly and perhaps with repeated watch.

I look back at my discussion with my friends last Aug after this thread got bumped, I mentioned the last 2 epi of S2 was alittle meh~ I'm afraid the writers wrote themselves into the wall and like Lost, they might not be able to properly end it for the fans satisfaction. With multiverse as you mentioned, it's never good when a show brings back character, it undermines the gravity of the death

Season 1 I enjoyed very much.

Rewatched it + watched season 2 this week, and now I feel like this is one of the best series I’ve seen, possibly the best.

This should be a lot more popular imo.

Last edited:
I remember the main actor from the WW2 film "land of mine".
I strongly recommend that film, one of the best I watched.
Deals with the uncomfortable subject of Allied use of German slave labor to demine fields after WW2.

I almost ran into an issue that would've been a deal breaker. I watched the first 4 episode with subtitles and it was fine. It almost draws me into the show more. Episode 5 had voice dubs, they were fucking terrible, I was legit angry. I didn't even know I had those feelings about voice dubs, I could've kicked a puppy I was so upset. I wouldn't got through first episode if I started the show like that. Luckily I found another stream

Welcome to the world of purists who watch only original versions.
You now know our pain.

Well guys Im going to watch this since it sounds so awesome. Thanks for the recommendation!

Brilliant show!

I binge watched S2 and will be rewatching it again this week.

Currently watching S1.
Usually I don't watch European esp German shows because they are so sub par...but HOLY FUCK this is good.
If I could compare it to another media, it would be the videogame Silent Hill 2. It's about as good in terms of story level. It's also on par with Legacy of Kain when it comes to time paradox stories.

But above the story, I really dig the A+ atmosphere. Very very eerie, with a constant feeling of oppression, and I mean not in a cheap Hollywood horror way. No, this goes to your fucking bones, its lovecraftian in a way, but with time paradoxes.

The exposition is also really good. You start in this small German town which you imagine to just be a boring town with its Nuclear plant nearby. But every episode peels the layers and it gets more and more fucked up.

The acting is also very good, from the German actors, it goes without saying that you have to watch this subbed.
They also got very believable younger/older version of the actors. It's all mind blowing.

Just fucking hell, I think this is the first TV Show that blew my mind in terms of being eerie, well acted, like the Silent Hill game series.

I only watched S1 so far, I wonder where it will go with S2. I suspect S1 was the best season though, just because the greatness of this show is (to me) the characters, atmosphere, and exposition alone. Its the feeling of "I dont know what the fuck is going on but I have a feeling some evil shit is going on" that I love. And the more you know, the less foreboding it gets, so to speak.

PRO TIP: If you dont want to be spoiled...Don't view anything regarding the casting and characters (names, etc). I won't say anything more. Just don't open a wiki page or anything.

Bump for the trailer for season 3 june 27th
And bump for the best tv show since OG twin peaks.

This is one i wanted to rewatch, thanks for the reminder.

I actually like to read the subs, as for some reason, Deutsch comes a bit easy to me. Unfortunately, like and subd movie, that means i cant do a thing while its on the telly.

Season 1 was great, and season 2 is really good too but towards the end I feel they are really close to jumping the shark so it's good that season 3 will be the last, imo.

The show is good n all, some pretty cool shit in it. But it can be super confusing, and hard to keep track of things. And because it's so all of over the place and complex, it can be really hard explaining to another person who hasn't seen it, what it's about and why it's good.

I was binging it a while back, and stopped somewhere in season 2 to watch The Witcher. By the time I was done with the witcher, I forgot most of where I was and what was going on from where I left off. So i just kinda didn't pick it back up again.

I don't know, it's pretty damn good, but I wouldn't say it's great.

Just got done binge watching season 3 I really enjoyed it. I liked Every season. Certain things this season definitely tie something's together from season 1 and 2

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back