Netflix is Raising Their Prices Again

Big Al's Texas BBQ

Sorry, no tortilla!
@Black
Reaction score
Netflix announced on Thursday that it is raising prices for its standard plan and premium plan for U.S. consumers.The two-stream HD Standard plan will increase from $12.99 to $13.99 while the four-stream 4K Premium plan is raising from $15.99 a month to $17.99. The one-stream SD plan will remain priced at $8.99 a month.

https://www.ign.com/articles/netfli...D6pFZTmctDs2nTMQu8XnAu7UTSJVptpy33SB5FLtQesYk

Holy smokes, I remember back when membership was only $10 a month.

This is terrible timing with many people still upset about cuties.

Combined with the fact that they haven't had a big hit in a while.

I love netflix but I have to admit I'm scrolling around looking for something to watch a lot longer than I used to.

Also disney plus is still cheap as hell and the mandalorian season is about to come out.

They're on thin ice.

It's still the best streaming service.

Hulu has crap besides Fargo, which is awesome.

Amazon Prime has nothing besides The Boys which just ended.

Disney only has... well, Disney (kid's stuff).

Netflix on average has better shows/movies.

Last edited:
I have to think that 95% of their customer base doesn’t even remember they have it and autopays the small fee every month.

That's what they rely on, similar with UFC Fight Pass. I subscribe to a local sports streaming service here which shows all the fight nights and prelims that Fight Pass do, so I only really need it to watch the old events, sometimes I'll go a month or two without using it.

Are you guys really happy with the quality of pirated content?

I've tried it and it's an endless parade of shitty websites with tons of ads and probably malware, broken links, poor quality or buffering or freezing, or you get some shit in a different language. If you ever do find a good source then it gets taken down and it's hard to find a replacement because people don't want to post it online in case it gets taken down again. In conclusion, please pm me the new source.

This is terrible timing with many people still upset about cuties.

Combined with the fact that they haven't had a big hit in a while.

I love netflix but I have to admit I'm scrolling around looking for something to watch a lot longer than I used to.

Also disney plus is still cheap as hell and the mandalorian season is about to come out.

They're on thin ice.

Do you actually know anyone who cancelled their netflix over it lol. Most of my outraged friends still use netflix.

Do you actually know anyone who cancelled their netflix over it lol. Most of my outraged friends still use netflix.
Yeah I know of at least one that did.

I know that a lot of people were upset though and raising your prices might be the final straw if a customer is already mad at you.

I don't even mind them raising their price, but this is a bad business move to do it now. They should at least wait for their next hit show, like joe exotic the tiger king. Shit everyone in the country was talking about that show so you felt left out if you didn't have Netflix. That's when you raise prices, not when you're in a slump.

Are you guys really happy with the quality of pirated content?

I've tried it and it's an endless parade of shitty websites with tons of ads and probably malware, broken links, poor quality or buffering or freezing, or you get some shit in a different language. If you ever do find a good source then it gets taken down and it's hard to find a replacement because people don't want to post it online in case it gets taken down again. In conclusion, please pm me the new source.

I have zero trouble finding all the latest shows in 1080p.

Sorry no source tho thats probably extra illegal.

Netflix announced on Thursday that it is raising prices for its standard plan and premium plan for U.S. consumers.The two-stream HD Standard plan will increase from $12.99 to $13.99 while the four-stream 4K Premium plan is raising from $15.99 a month to $17.99. The one-stream SD plan will remain priced at $8.99 a month.

https://www.ign.com/articles/netfli...D6pFZTmctDs2nTMQu8XnAu7UTSJVptpy33SB5FLtQesYk

Holy smokes, I remember back when membership was only $10 a month.

This was always gonna happen. They gotta make their money. It's is what it's is, if you use it frequently you'll pay. I know I will. For now.

This was always gonna happen. They gotta make their money. It's is what it's is, if you use it frequently you'll pay. I know I will. For now.

I suspect thats the reality for the net as a whole, so many business have basically been surviving on investment but at some stage they are going to need to shift that into actual profit and then prices will rise considerably.

Back