Netanyahu, Bolton, team neo-con were absolute failures on Iraq. It empowered Iran, and created ISIS

I'm not denying that. Claiming he's doing that to snuggle up to the must radical Sunni extremist nation on the planet is a bit of a stretch.

I think his meeting with MBS (which was big news) was more to show his independence from Iran.

my younger bro had his femoral artery severed by an Al Sadr insurgent that illegally fired mortars from their Mosque in Najaf

f that guy, seriously

The idea that Muqtada Al Sadr is pro Saudi is frankly absurd. He may differ with Iran on what Iraq's relationship with the Saudi's should be, and he might disagree with Iran on several things, but he is far from anti Iranian. Al Sadr is still in the position he's in because of no one other than Iran.
He's not pro Saudi, he just talked to them is all. And no iran actively wanted Sadr to lose, as Sadr is very much against them. His victory in the polls was in no way helped by Iran. It was helped by Sistani, secular voters, and some sunnis.

He’s Back: Muqtada Al-Sadr Wins Big In Iraqi Elections

As the noose was placed around Saddam Hussein’s neck in December 2006, his masked guards yelled: “Muqtada! Muqtada! Muqtada!”

As in Muqtada al-Sadr, the Shiite cleric who is best known as a one-time — and possibly future — U.S. foe who may have finally outfoxed the Americans, Iranians, and Iraq’s political elite to become the supreme political power in Iraq.

• Sadr, whose forces fought U.S. troops in 2004, appears to be the big winner in Iraq’s parliamentary elections, according to media reports. Although he did not run for office, his coalition has received far mor

• e votes than current Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi’s political block, initial election results show.
  • That means it is entirely possible that Sadr could pick the next Iraqi government by deciding which political party to form a coalition with.
  • No word from Washington yet about what Sadr’s fortunes at the ballot box mean for the U.S. relationship with Iraq in the fight against ISIS. “We are awaiting the announcement of the official results and look forward to the formation of the new government,” a State Department official told Task & Purpose on Monday. “We aren’t going to get ahead of that.”
  • A Pentagon spokesman told Eric Pahon that the U.S. government does not support any particular Iraqi candidate or party. “We support a fair and transparent process,” he said. “We stand ready to work with whoever is fairly elected by the Iraqi people"
https://www.google.com/amp/s/taskan...tada-al-sadr-wins-big-in-iraqi-elections/amp/

The hidden hand behind the Islamic State militants? Saddam Hussein’s.

By Liz Sly April 4, 2015 Email the author

SANLIURFA, Turkey — When Abu Hamza, a former Syrian rebel, agreed to join the Islamic State, he did so assuming he would become a part of the group’s promised Islamist utopia, which has lured foreign jihadists from around the globe.

Instead, he found himself being supervised by an Iraqi emir and receiving orders from shadowy Iraqis who moved in and out of the battlefield in Syria. When Abu Hamza disagreed with fellow commanders at an Islamic State meeting last year, he said, he was placed under arrest on the orders of a masked Iraqi man who had sat silently through the proceedings, listening and taking notes.

Abu Hamza, who became the group’s ruler in a small community in Syria, never discovered the Iraqis’ real identities, which were cloaked by code names or simply not revealed. All of the men, however, were former Iraqi officers who had served under Saddam Hussein, including the masked man, who had once worked for an Iraqi intelligence agency and now belonged to the Islamic State’s own shadowy security service, he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6d7bf7949e7e

These are the same people beating the war drums for Iran.

How could anyone trust or listen to these people?

They are the architects of the largest foreign policy blunder in the history of this nation. These guys should be hiding out on a ranch like Bush, ashamed of their failure. Instead, they want to go for a sequel. From Iraq: The disaster, to Iran: the sequel to Iraq, and prequel to WWIII, AKA the real life Infinity Wars.

Anyone who supports military action by the US against Iran, is not only incapable of learning from history, but is incapable of learning from recent events.

Discuss......

The real disaster happened in Iraq after OBAMA took our troops out of there which created a power vacuum filled by the people you just bitched about.

Obama and Hillary subsequently fucked up Libya just as bad then.

So, maybe re-title your thread and bitch about Obama.

It is far more likely that Obama removed us from Iraq for Iran to take more power in the region than your Creative Writing assignment you posted here. We KNOW FOR FACT that Obama lied about Iran's nuclear program to get Iran nuke deal signed and remove sanctions from Iran.

LOL, I didn't mean to red pill you at all. Sorry, dude.

I think his meeting with MBS (which was big news) was more to show his independence from Iran.

There is clearly a power struggle going on between Al Sadr and the Iranians for control of the Shia population of Iraq. But in the end I think they still have the same end goals and will continue to work together. To make this a sports analogy, Al Sadr was doing the political equivolent of a college football coach wishing to get a raise interviewing for an open position he has no intention of actually taking to force the AD to extend his contract.

There is clearly a power struggle going on between Al Sadr and the Iranians for control of the Shia population of Iraq. But in the end I think they still have the same end goals and will continue to work together. To make this a sports analogy, Al Sadr was doing the political equivolent of a college football coach wishing to get a raise interviewing for an open position he has no intention of actually taking to force the AD to extend his contract.

I think it's more local Iraqi politics than regional. The main criticism of the Iranian backed militia by Iraqi Sunnis was how brutally they treated the Sunni mulims. The parties split along sectarian lines (with foreign influence and corruption) couldn't get anything done. Not even rid themselves of ISIS. Al Sadr criticised that, and has tried to generate a more inclusive appeal.

I think it's more local Iraqi politics than regional. The main criticism of the Iranian backed militia by Iraqi Sunnis was how brutally they treated the Sunni mulims. The parties split along sectarian lines (with foreign influence and corruption) couldn't get anything done. Not even rid themselves of ISIS. Al Sadr criticised that, and has tried to generate a more inclusive appeal.

They were doing that to each other. It was really tit for tat. The Sunni/Shia divide is the real driving force in the region. Everybody stays with their "side" and doesn't try to step outside of that.

The real disaster happened in Iraq after OBAMA took our troops out of there which created a power vacuum filled by the people you just bitched about.

Obama and Hillary subsequently fucked up Libya just as bad then.

So, maybe re-title your thread and bitch about Obama.

It is far more likely that Obama removed us from Iraq for Iran to take more power in the region than your Creative Writing assignment you posted here. We KNOW FOR FACT that Obama lied about Iran's nuclear program to get Iran nuke deal signed and remove sanctions from Iran.

LOL, I didn't mean to red pill you at all. Sorry, dude.
You need to be medicated. Blaming Obama for instability in the Middle East is the dumbest fake criticism of the man- and hes not even someone I care about let alone support.

They were doing that to each other. It was really tit for tat. The Sunni/Shia divide is the real driving force in the region. Everybody stays with their "side" and doesn't try to step outside of that.

Yeah, and obviously it's well known that he ran death squads post-Saddam. It's equally clear though that if Iraq is to survive as a nation and for their to be any effective government, there'll need to be more inclusive appeal to sectarian factions. That's what Al-Sadr seems to be aiming at with his rhetoric, visits like this, joint prayers etc.

Back