Nelson-Fenech Press Conference.....

JMyersDTN

Sherdog Writer: Joseph Myers
Reaction score
Thought I'd post this, but am I the only one who's worried about the welfare of these two stepping into the ring as old as they are and after such a long layoff?

Nelson vows to beat Fenech!
By Ray Wheatley -- World of Boxing
Azumah Nelson is confident he will defeat Jeff Fenech when they meet in a showdown on June 24 in Melbourne. The two ageing warriors were in Brisbane today staging a press conference promoting their million dollar bout next month.Nelson said, "To beat Jeff Fenech it takes a professor of the ring, and that is what I've always been. He is very strong and keeps coming, but I will beat him a third time."
Fenech is sure there will be a huge live gate and many more watching on pay-per-view television. "We're both Hall of Famers and there's a lot of history and controversy attached to our previous fights," he said. "We've both got a lot of pride, and I don't know if two members of Boxing's Hall of Fame have ever fought before." The first Fenech-Nelson clash ended in a controversial draw in Las Vegas with most fans having the Australian a clear winner. The second Fenech-Nelson bout, which the pride of Ghana won by TKO in eight rounds, attracted a record live gate of 37,000 in Melbourne.

What a waste, these guys are 50. I can't believe people will pay for this.

People in Australia might pay for it, but I don't think many in the U.S. would pay for it.

Haha
WOW

That's crazy.
I wonder if their conerman will bring oxygen tanks.

Back