News Neiman Gracie set to face Logan Storley at Bellator 274

Jason Jackson and Rory MacDonald both out-pointed him by using defensive wrestling/superior striking and ability to push the pace from what I recall.

I know Rory isn’t prime but still a better athlete then Gracie probably even at this point.

I can see how they aren’t traditional wrestlers in style-approach but it’s a strong component of both their games. Gracie really has underrated takedowns, he’s a lot like Maia with tricky jiu-jitsu setups and unpredictable attacks.
I think both Rory and Jason have a more refined game overall than Logan though. They have other avenues they can pursue to beat a guy like Neiman, which I don't believe Logan has.

The fight might look like Gracie/Ruth if it's 5 rounds. Can't say I expect Storley to do good on the feet, but he could notch some control time on the mat, as dangerous as that might be.

Yes, they both outpointed Neiman and used defensive wrestling to keep the fight standing. In this case, I dont see Storley having an advantage standing over Neiman, though. It will be interesting to see how Storley approaches the fight, I think he is too "wrestling proud" to avoid grappling with Neiman; it would be like conceding the ground superiority. So, this could be a high level wrestling vs bjj, pretty much Bellator's version of Maia vs Askren.

If its 5 rounds, Im taking Neiman via leg lock or rnc

I like the comparison to Maia vs. Askren, though perhaps happening when both fighters weren't as old/shot, so far better athleticism on display.

Would agree that Storley's stand-up is nowhere near Rory's/Jackson's, but he has far superior offensive and defensive wrestling to either of them. If he fought like he did against Amosov I'd give him a good shot though, he seemed really able to push an insanely high pace and force scrambles constantly. But yeah if he just gets stuck at range I would expect Gracie to win an ugly kickboxing match.

Really hope that doesn't happen though - at least if it did the striking exchanges couldn't possibly be worse than Askren vs. Maia....could it?

I like the comparison to Maia vs. Askren, though perhaps happening when both fighters weren't as old/shot, so far better athleticism on display.

Would agree that Storley's stand-up is nowhere near Rory's/Jackson's, but he has far superior offensive and defensive wrestling to either of them. If he fought like he did against Amosov I'd give him a good shot though, he seemed really able to push an insanely high pace and force scrambles constantly. But yeah if he just gets stuck at range I would expect Gracie to win an ugly kickboxing match.

Really hope that doesn't happen though - at least if it did the striking exchanges couldn't possibly be worse than Askren vs. Maia....could it?

Wow! I had forgotten how utterly embarrassing Ben Askren striking was; its amazing how far he got with such shitty striking. It speaks volumes of his wrestling abilities.

Im hoping for a MMA grappling clinic because if Storley doesnt shoot for a take down, he will get picked apart by Neiman, so he will inevitably have to risk engaging Neiman on the ground.

Neiman is coming for the title after this. Subbing wrestlers like it's 1994.

Storley will wrestle I imagine, the dude trains with Gilbert Burns so it's not like he lacks experience on the mat with high level BJJ.

Neiman is coming for the title after this. Subbing wrestlers like it's 1994.
Neiman has pretty good chances of coming for the belt of he gets past Storley. He matches up well against Storley, MVP, Lima, and even Amasov (although that is is toughest test, IMO). Its fighters who can avoid going to the ground and pick him apart the ones who will get him the toughest challenge (Koreshkov, Amasov, J. Jackson, J.Davies)

Storley will wrestle I imagine, the dude trains with Gilbert Burns so it's not like he lacks experience on the mat with high level BJJ.
I cant imagine Storley being afraid to engage Neiman or thinking he has an advantage standing. More than likely Storley will look to wrestle and Neiman will be happy to oblige.

I like this fight. Sowma has looked great when faced with adversity. He sticks with his gameplan which is hard for HWs to do when getting hit. Davion is still really green but this will be a good test for him. I got Sowma by TKO

Neiman vs Storley is the main event, which is amazing. Plus, Koreshkov vs Berkhamov is amazing, this event is a turning point for the WW division.

Neiman vs Storley is the main event, which is amazing. Plus, Koreshkov vs Berkhamov is amazing, this event is a turning point for the WW division.

Don't say that, if you say that it's guaranteed to be two no contests.

Don't say that, if you say that it's guaranteed to be two no contests.
I'll stop talking about how excited I am about the 2 WW fights to not jinx them. The main card looks pretty legit, at least for the hardcores. On a side note, is Veta Arteaga banging aomeone at Viacom? Does she have naked pics of Coker? or why is she always on the main card despite being a C level boring fighter. Injust dont get why she gets such a push from Bellator. If there is someone they should be pushing at 125 is Sumiko Inaba.

I'll stop talking about how excited I am about the 2 WW fights to not jinx them. The main card looks pretty legit, at least for the hardcores. On a side note, is Veta Arteaga banging aomeone at Viacom? Does she have naked pics of Coker? or why is she always on the main card despite being a C level boring fighter. Injust dont get why she gets such a push from Bellator. If there is someone they should be pushing at 125 is Sumiko Inaba.

I think it's more intended as a showcase for Melendez than anything. Tbf to Veta, Inaba hasn't faced anything like the level of competition she has.

Is she boring though? C level absolutely, C- even but she brings the fight and has been in a few sloppy brawls. She's game if nothing else. The future of the WFLW division in Bellator are Inaba and Diana Russia but both are still early. I will say particularly about Inaba she's a lot more polished then you'd expect a female fighter with 3 pro fights to be.

Is she boring though? C level absolutely, C- even but she brings the fight and has been in a few sloppy brawls. She's game if nothing else. The future of the WFLW division in Bellator are Inaba and Diana Russia but both are still early. I will say particularly about Inaba she's a lot more polished then you'd expect a female fighter with 3 pro fights to be.

You can put all these girls in the cage at the same time against Goatmouche and she still runs through them.

You can put all these girls in the cage at the same time against Goatmouche and she still runs through them.
I've already started brewing the coffee that's going to be needed for Velasquez/Carmouche.

To Liz's credit she's had some nice performances since coming to Bellator but styles make fights and that style clash screams stinker.

I've already started brewing the coffee that's going to be needed for Velasquez/Carmouche.

To Liz's credit she's had some nice performances since coming to Bellator but styles make fights and that style clash screams stinker.

Goatmouche is going to throw her out of the cage into Coker's lap.

Did you know she served in Afghanistan?

Goatmouche is going to throw her out of the cage into Coker's lap.

Did you know she served in Afghanistan?
Valentina is no more interesting. Velasquez vs. Valentina is the bout to decide the best W Flyweight but who would watch that

Valentina is no more interesting. Velasquez vs. Valentina is the bout to decide the best W Flyweight but who would watch that

Tbf when Val decides to be interesting she's interesting.

I don't think Velasquez is #2 in the world btw, I'm confident Liz is going to beat her and I also think Andrade and Chook probably would.

Back