News Neiman Gracie set to face Logan Storley at Bellator 274

That's cool, interesting to see how Storley chooses to approach Neiman.

What makes you think it will be 5 rounds?
Can't see a title shot being booked and not announced since Mousasi vs. Vanderford is happening after and already announced. Plus they announced that starting 2022, all non-title main events are 5 rounds

Can't see a title shot being booked and not announced since Mousasi vs. Vanderford is happening after and already announced. Plus they announced that starting 2022, all non-title main events are 5 rounds
Isn't there a high likelihood they will be doing quarterfinals for the 135 GP though?

Isn't there a high likelihood they will be doing quarterfinals for the 135 GP though?
Didn't they say they wanted to book all the quarterfinals on the same night? If so, don't think Horiguchi would be ready to return in three months after that brutal KO. Could be wrong tho and they hold some off them and you might be right

Didn't they say they wanted to book all the quarterfinals on the same night? If so, don't think Horiguchi would be ready to return in three months after that brutal KO. Could be wrong tho and they hold some off them and you might be right
Four five round fights in one card? Can't imagine they'd do that.

I could see Amasov/MVP being main event with this as co main.

This is really a "shit or get off the pot" fight for Storley based on the match-making.

Before his last fight against Dante Shiro I was super-excited to see him put on a wrestling/grappling clinic. I was watching with my brother (who had never seen him fight before) and I told him about the Amosov fight - how it was an insane grappling fight with tons of transitions and submission attempts, that Amosov was one of the best wrestler/grapplers in Bellator at WW (and just in general), so Storley has insane athleticism and technical skills to have made that such a close fight (lost a split he could've won).

Then he proceeds to put on one of the biggest stinker performances I've ever seen from a top-level fighter. 3 rounds of lay and pray where he got outworked from the bottom, didn't land any significant strikes, couldn't pass butterfly guard. Manages to eek out a split against someone they spoon-fed him for a highlight.

He ended up apologizing to the crowd since he's from South Dakota and this was a show-case fight for him in his home State. Amosov was scheduled to fight Lima for the title in the following months, and they give Storley a guy making his Bellator debut that is 2-2 in his last 4 in the co-main event. Basically telling him they are giving him the easiest fight possible to rebound and make him look good and he goes and puts on a performance that he has to apologize for!

I'm hoping there were outside circumstances that contributed heavily to that performance (pressure to perform in his home state, getting friends/family tickets, possible training injuries, etc.) because that was nothing close to the fighter that took on Amosov. Gracie is not a guy he can just take down and lay in his guard doing nothing and expect to get a win against, seems like they are giving him stylistic poison match-up to see if he really is champ-material or not.

Will certainly look forward to this one; Gracie has been outworked by athletic wrestlers with solid stand-up before, so if Storley shows up at his best he will probably get it. But there are a lot of doubts to have about which version of him is going to show up.

It's at the Mohegan Sun. Would they really do it there instead off in London?
Maybe but maybe not. I just know it's been all but officially announced and there's nothing scheduled for London yet. I mean they're headlining a Dublin card with a Moose fight so they could just as easily put a big fight there that doesn't involve MVP. Also there'd still be time for MVP to turn around for a late 2022 London spot.

I just wouldn't rule it out entirely I suppose.

Good fight, makes sense.

Does Amosov/MVP have a date yet?

Doesn't really feel like a main event to me, they've probably got something else up their sleeve.

This is really a "shit or get off the pot" fight for Storley based on the match-making.

Before his last fight against Dante Shiro I was super-excited to see him put on a wrestling/grappling clinic. I was watching with my brother (who had never seen him fight before) and I told him about the Amosov fight - how it was an insane grappling fight with tons of transitions and submission attempts, that Amosov was one of the best wrestler/grapplers in Bellator at WW (and just in general), so Storley has insane athleticism and technical skills to have made that such a close fight (lost a split he could've won).

Then he proceeds to put on one of the biggest stinker performances I've ever seen from a top-level fighter. 3 rounds of lay and pray where he got outworked from the bottom, didn't land any significant strikes, couldn't pass butterfly guard. Manages to eek out a split against someone they spoon-fed him for a highlight.

He ended up apologizing to the crowd since he's from South Dakota and this was a show-case fight for him in his home State. Amosov was scheduled to fight Lima for the title in the following months, and they give Storley a guy making his Bellator debut that is 2-2 in his last 4 in the co-main event. Basically telling him they are giving him the easiest fight possible to rebound and make him look good and he goes and puts on a performance that he has to apologize for!

I'm hoping there were outside circumstances that contributed heavily to that performance (pressure to perform in his home state, getting friends/family tickets, possible training injuries, etc.) because that was nothing close to the fighter that took on Amosov. Gracie is not a guy he can just take down and lay in his guard doing nothing and expect to get a win against, seems like they are giving him stylistic poison match-up to see if he really is champ-material or not.

Will certainly look forward to this one; Gracie has been outworked by athletic wrestlers with solid stand-up before, so if Storley shows up at his best he will probably get it. But there are a lot of doubts to have about which version of him is going to show up.
Who are the athletic wrestlers with solid stand up that outworked Neiman?

Who are the athletic wrestlers with solid stand up that outworked Neiman?

Jason Jackson and Rory MacDonald both out-pointed him by using defensive wrestling/superior striking and ability to push the pace from what I recall.

I know Rory isn’t prime but still a better athlete then Gracie probably even at this point.

I can see how they aren’t traditional wrestlers in style-approach but it’s a strong component of both their games. Gracie really has underrated takedowns, he’s a lot like Maia with tricky jiu-jitsu setups and unpredictable attacks.

Jason Jackson and Rory MacDonald both out-pointed him by using defensive wrestling/superior striking and ability to push the pace from what I recall.

I know Rory isn’t prime but still a better athlete then Gracie probably even at this point.

I can see how they aren’t traditional wrestlers in style-approach but it’s a strong component of both their games. Gracie really has underrated takedowns, he’s a lot like Maia with tricky jiu-jitsu setups and unpredictable attacks.
Yes, they both outpointed Neiman and used defensive wrestling to keep the fight standing. In this case, I dont see Storley having an advantage standing over Neiman, though. It will be interesting to see how Storley approaches the fight, I think he is too "wrestling proud" to avoid grappling with Neiman; it would be like conceding the ground superiority. So, this could be a high level wrestling vs bjj, pretty much Bellator's version of Maia vs Askren.

If its 5 rounds, Im taking Neiman via leg lock or rnc

Back