Neil "OldSchool" Wain

IrishFighterLA

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Remember this guy? The Shane Carwin thread reminded me of him.. He lost to Carwin at UFC 89 which I cant find any footage of.. Not even on almighty Fight Pass!!

I remember when I first seen this guy fight. It was at Cage Contender 11 in Belfast Ireland he was fighting Colin Big C Robinson.

I didn't know anything about either guy at the time, but when they walked out I assumed it was fight made for the hometown hero Big C to showcase. Neil Wain was very out of shape looking.

Boy was I wrong.. What a battle this was 2 warriors but Neil Wain is an animal. This first bout between them went the distance with Wain being a clear winner but by the end he needed an oxygen tank it was that intense and he is quite overweight. Well non athletic looking.

I cant find footage from this either its coming up as private on YT.. But yea would of liked to see him have more of a chance in the octagon.. Could see him duke it out with Roy Nelson or Mark Hunt. haha

Last edited:
He fights quite often on local cards around Yorkshire, it's usually a kickboxing bout.

Is he the guy who was lighting Carwin up on the feet until Carwin used his wrestling? I don't remember the fight too well, but I seem to remember Carwin getting completely outclassed on the feet for only about a minute, then shooting and getting the takedown, passing to mount, and getting a GnP stoppage.

It was great seeing Wain completely outbox and tee off on the "New Breed" Carwin forcing Carwin to go for desperation clinches and takedowns.

Yea he is a very classy striker.. Looking at him you would not expect it. I wish there was more footage online of his fights!

Is he the guy who was lighting Carwin up on the feet until Carwin used his wrestling? I don't remember the fight too well, but I seem to remember Carwin getting completely outclassed on the feet for only about a minute, then shooting and getting the takedown, passing to mount, and getting a GnP stoppage.

that's the guy that you're talking about but there's no way he was lighting him up, or as someone described 'outclassing' carwin on the feet, they were briefly in a wild brawl in which he landed a handful of decent strikes

that's the guy that you're talking about but there's no way he was lighting him up, or as someone described 'outclassing' carwin on the feet, they were briefly in a wild brawl in which he landed a handful of decent strikes

For HW, that's basically the same thing.

He out-struck Carwin, so Carwin took him down. Thats what happened, get over it.

He out-struck Carwin, so Carwin took him down. Thats what happened, get over it.

I was never under it, and am not a fan (or otherwise) of either guy to come to someone's defence or to shit on someone's skills, I was just disputing the manner in which the fight went down. He never 'lit Carwin up on the feet' as described.

The fight is not long, watch it again.

Wain lands a left and Carwin clinches, attempts a trip, they jostle in the clinch position, there is an exchange of punches in which Wain lands maybe 3 or 4 strikes and then Carwin takes him down and finishes the fight.

No one was outclassed, or even close to being so. Get over it.

For HW, that's basically the same thing.

giphy.gif

I was never under it, and am not a fan (or otherwise) of either guy to come to someone's defence or to shit on someone's skills, I was just disputing the manner in which the fight went down. He never 'lit Carwin up on the feet' as described.

The fight is not long, watch it again.

Wain lands a left and Carwin clinches, attempts a trip, they jostle in the clinch position, there is an exchange of punches in which Wain lands maybe 3 or 4 strikes and then Carwin takes him down and finishes the fight.

No one was outclassed, or even close to being so. Get over it.

Ah bless.

You can still keep your Carwin posters on your bedroom wall :redface:

Back